King of the Castle 2: Litten is King: Game Thread (GAME CANNED)

Augustin bolts upright, wide-eyed then walks mechanically across towards Ophelia, sitting across from her. He avoids her gaze.

1 Like

ā€¦she had to really reach to do that. Itā€™d look comical if this moment werenā€™t so serious.

1 Like

*After talking with Ophelia, Litten proceeds to walk to someoneā€
@someone (you mind RPā€™ing?)

1 Like

(Yea but I cant for to long, and im ass at it lmao)

1 Like

ā€œā€¦ā€
She stares at Augustin. Mostly at his neckā€¦ weirdly.
ā€œI haveā€¦ a question about the ninthā€¦ Lordā€¦ lordā€¦ lordā€¦ā€

She forgot your name. To be fair, itā€™s very forgettable. Itā€™s almost like it was never mentioned in the first place.

2 Likes

(I donā€™t mind if you donā€™t wanna rp I just wanna talk with you Id not I need to sleep to)

1 Like

(Naw I want to im down)

1 Like

ā€œBaron de Segovia, milady.ā€

His gaze darts around at everything but Opheliaā€™s eyes.

2 Likes

ā€œOh!ā€ She looks surprised. Baron.

ā€œIā€¦ thoughtā€¦ you were a Grandee.ā€

1 Like

He meets her gaze for the first time, softly.

ā€œMy mother was the wife of a Grandee. It brings me great pride to honour both my parentsā€™ heritages.ā€

4 Likes

A messenger walks over a places a note on the table, but does not interrupt their conversation.

so you donā€™t have a
grandeefather

Iā€™m not winning any favors here am I

The messenger has a very pained expression on his face.

3 Likes

Ophelia looks down at the note. Sheā€¦ canā€™t make it out from this position.

She snaps her eyes up, in relative fear. Thatā€¦ immediately loosens upon seeing his calmer eye contact ā€œā€¦Thatā€™sā€¦ really nice.ā€

ā€œDo youā€¦ know a-lot about the ninth?ā€ She twists her head aboutā€¦ 20Ā° to the left?

3 Likes

The messenger dashes away, presumably to avoid prosecution for the crimes against language that he has helped Baron Wilhelm commit.

3 Likes

He puts a finger on his cheek in thought.

ā€œI know how much the Ninth meant to my mother, and she is the most righteous person I know. This piety and devotion to her faith, it is something I strive to emulate, both for her and for all His children.ā€

He smiles ruefully at Ophelia.

3 Likes

Ophelia shifts in her seat. She has a confused look plastering her face.

ā€œWhat doā€¦ you think about the Ninth?ā€

She doesnā€™t understand the answer.

2 Likes

Augustinā€™s glance shifts away, his smile turning sour.

ā€œThe Ninth stands for honour. Being an honourable, chivalrous man who cares for the Ninthā€™s children is the best I can hope to be in His devotion.ā€

2 Likes

ā€œ. . .ā€

She wraps a churro in a napkin, and holds it out for him.

ā€œIā€™m thinking about converting.ā€ She starts to bite her nails, then immediately stops after giving a weird expression.

ā€œSo! I wanna hear about allā€¦ā€ She extends her free arm out and shakes it, whilst the pigeon flies above until she stops, landing back on. ā€œā€¦the greatness heā€™s done to you.ā€

ā€œā€¦But youā€™ll need sugar to think about your honour and prosperity.ā€

Ophelia flicks her hand and points the - now grabble, end of the napkin towards him.

ā€œWould you like a churro?ā€ She gives him a soft smile.

1 Like

Augustin looks back at her and tilts his head in confusion. He bows while sitting, then gingerly takes the churro from her.

ā€œYou have my gratitude, milady.ā€

He studies her for a moment, his eyelids settling in bitter sorrow. He absentmindedly takes a bite out of the churro.

2 Likes

ā€¦ ā€œSo!ā€ She claps her hands together, as if sheā€™s trying really hard to think about what to say.

ā€œHow do you and other of the ninth show your honour?ā€

1 Like

ā€œI show my honour, milady, primarily through respect. I strive to give everyone the respect and chances to prove themselves as His children. Proper ettiquette is a paramount part of respect, in respecting traditions and expectations.ā€

2 Likes