Last Stand of the Virtuous 5.5 - Night 4 (11/17)

I know thats what they actually said, but based on how they went on to explain it, feels more like what I said above to me

I agree we shouldnā€™t crown anyone who pushes for the King Today, but that doesnā€™t mean we canā€™t crown anyone if we have an election Tomorrow.

Youā€™re just stuck in your own world. I get that I am a pessimist, but that doesnā€™t mean I can dictate what will and will not happen if this or that happens.

To you, but I have different experience when somebody says: This is valuable town weā€™ve lost today. I did some real life social deduction mafia games you know

1 Like

The king straight up isnā€™t dying if the only thing we have on them is ā€œwell they could be evilā€

So Iā€™d say not townclear Merpy for being derpy because she sees Daeron as an asset too valuable to lose.

sorry was tired :( had a long night last time woke up early and decided I wanted to sleep in again

1 Like

will read fully now

1 Like

*looks at Frost not voting anyone until heā€™s formed enough opinions on everyone*
*looks at Merpy trying to learn this gameā€™s format*
*looks at Saynoā€™s non-existence*
*looks at the people currently talking*
*looks at the five votes not sitting on Daeron as of now*

Bud. Are we even playing the same game?

I never said that we would just execute the King. (Heck, all I am saying is that the Kingā€™s execution is not the worst possible option.) Kiiruma condemned rolefishers in his opening post, but itā€™s not as if we canā€™t formulate general plans for each one of the six role types.

Also, you fear Unseen would potentially kill a teammate, but you doubt we would hiy the pot of gold? Talk about double standards.

1 Like

Again: I also donā€™t advocate for the Kingā€™s death. Iā€™m just saying it wouldnā€™t be ā€œobjectively the worst optionā€.

1 Like

By the way, the vote for the New King (in the event Daeron ever dies) is done in private, so unless we unanimously decide on a New King, the evils are most likely going to get the upper hand. (ā€¦well. Maybe, maybe not. If some slanker such as Sayno becomes the New King, then itā€™d obviously be suspicious.)

2 Likes

to answer the questions you sent - zone and hazard seem solidly town, their itneractions with canping seem town both ends

regarding the king if itā€™s not probability based like hazard pointed out iā€™d say ehhh not really to voting out the king unless there is absolutely zero other choice

that being said I would still like to hear from the (mia) beancat on the king vote so early 2nd voter always makes me wary, also the push on me that vanished is unusual but i mean ig ppl donā€™t know my playstyle at the same time ehhh idk if itā€™s too early to say anything on beancat but either way would like to hear more

i am also still holding a grudge against jail for those gifs but i donā€™t have anything concrete to support that

i come from a mech heavy mafia community that ā€œno oneā€ votes on day 1 spare me :confounded: im bad at social reads

1 Like

If Achro was a wolf heā€™d want to be more mechanical and methodical but the amount of mistakes heā€™s made makes me think heā€™s just town. Heā€™s a good scum player and yet seems too unaware for groupwolf.

Might be neut, sure. But even then I feel like heā€™d enquire about things better.

I mean we can and should be coordinating King things to reduce the control of information evil has over us

I donā€™t think we would benefit from doing it now though, since itā€™d be just a waste of time. We should do it when / if the election ever happens.

1 Like

gotta backread sorry

I havenā€™t played a game this complex before. Closest experience I have is TOS. Given the flavor text surrounding the King role and the King abilities themselves, I viewed it kinda like a VIP or less powerful mayor role. I still am of this mindset as I havenā€™t seen evidence that the king isnā€™t useful, but I just want to make that apparent. I donā€™t know what the normal expectation for king is in this game. Iā€™m gauging its value by comparing it to the closest comparison I can think of.

I understand that it is not like TOS mayor where itā€™s a guaranteed good, but I still donā€™t think itā€™s a role we should just toss out the window without giving it much thought.

1 Like

You seem confident in this sentiment. Why is this? (Itā€™s not that I disagree. You just give me the impression that you are familiar with the set-up).

I donā€™t think I understand what youā€™re saying by this. Are you suggesting a happy medium of not voting too soon or too close to EOD? I feel like thatā€™s a hard thing to filter as developments can happen in forums very easily.

This isnā€™t a point of suspicion against you. I just donā€™t know what youā€™re trying to say. :sweat_smile:

Can evils not convert if we vote the king (regardless of their alignment)? I feel like that changes a lot if so. :thinking:

Man Iā€™m seeing your messages and realizing I really shouldā€™ve read over the conversion rules. Sorry for making you break things down. I figured it was like a vampire bite from TOS, so I didnā€™t look into it. If the king is evil, is it just a lost wolf that gets added to the scum chat after this EOD if they live? Thatā€™s the impression Iā€™m getting from what youā€™ve said anyways.