Poppy Playtime FM - Signups thread (CANNED)

/in

FM go brrr (pfp go brr too so hmu with that)

2 Likes

1 Like

I’m going to find and eat you

3 Likes

Why do I do this to myself

Why don’t people consider their fellow players before giving me a pfp

3 Likes

derps i avoided furry or pokemon images just for you

1 Like

it will make you look towny trust

If I get lynched I’ll blame you now regardless of alignment

2 Likes

i think calling executions that was banned on oldfol and shunned here due to its direct ties to racist mobs

I vaguely remember that happening and generally try to not use that, but also I generally thing generalizing any word to any specific event is dumb so I don’t morally have a problem with the word

1 Like

well its not like i can stop you, but i would ask you not to either way
considering it does bring up bad memories for other members of the community

Like going out of the way to bring up a racial connotation a word had at one point when the context is very clearly different from that only serves as a net negative in my opinion

i have been directly told by other people it makes them uncomfortable so i was trying to be polite about it, considering it would be people they associate with and their families dying and not mine

They can feel free to bring it up to me themselves then, but regardless like I said I generally try to use other terminology despite not having a personal problem with it. Going out of they way to point out a past racist connotation to a word that has another very clear definition being used in that context serves no net positive

1 Like

The player list looks great, we need 9 more players for the first setup and who knows, more will be interested before signup deadline.

2 Likes

That entire saga happened due to trolls. The people who kicked it off were an illegal hydra on MU that used it to kick off drama. All of the bans of that word happened prior to discovering that trolls kicked it off, and they weren’t repealed but they’re no longer formally enforced because it was ridiculous in the first place to ban the word lynch which, in mafia, was never referring to the victimisation of black people but to the hanging of witches

3 Likes

i was not aware of that; thank you for proving that part incorrect.

3 Likes

the mafia lore grows deeper

3 Likes

the mass rush to ban lynch, which wasn’t done in bad faith but certainly virtue signalling I will reiterate should never have been done even before the trolls were revealed to be an illegal hydra:tm:, has of course backfired and indirectly assisted the trolls adding racist connotations to what was a completely normal word
who could’ve seen this coming (apparently only me and a single other person on the forums at the time iirc)
which is possibly why some people have directly told you that they’re uncomfortable with it. because it might now actually be developing racist connotations

@Daeron @Atlas are you interested for vanilla competitive game?

1 Like

whilst i wish i was i’m taking a break from social deduction games until i get my everything together, apologies!

i wish you the greatest luck in filling, you’re already doing well

2 Likes