Queue Discussion Thread

that’s because it doesn’t function on the day/night scale anyways its just rounds

1 Like

also the latter latter

1 Like

angel is really the opposite to executioner rather than jester but i can kinda see it. but if you wanted the PURE opposite you’d go survivor

which you don’t because then you’d go survivor

2 Likes

people call nightless mafia games’ phases days still because it mostly functions inside of the basic mafia structure. as in, days still work the same as normal mafia days. the difference being that nights don’t exist
so they call it days instead of rounds because it still works basically the same as normal days
but dayless games are much more “rounds” than nightless games. like dayless games just don’t make sense, mostly because there is no public chat at a normal night and you’d have to introduce public chat unless you’re making an entirely different game and at that point it’s not really nights its just rounds so you call it rounds

that’s why people refer to nightlerss games but not to dayless. eimm still calls their rounds nights tho so idk

2 Likes
lots of swearing and some politics stuff

Just wanna say, a little something… There is nothing I love more… Taking my cat ears off, fuck that… But there’s this: There’s nothing I love more than to, to, to sit down, comfy chair, turn on the phone, fire up a brand new thread on fol… Lose myself, just, oh my God, just think of this community, just think of all the people I can interact with. All the silly things I can talk about, all the DRAMA (misc), all the friendships, all the mafia players I meet, all the games I join. I’m so excited to go to there, and you know, I love nothing more, than with all of that laid out in front of me, I love nothing more, THAN TO BE DRAGGED DOWN, EVERY FUCKING CONVIVEABLE OPPROTUNITY, SO YOU CAN FUCKING CURRENT DAY US! “…Sorry, did you wanna get immersed in our site? Yeah, well, guess what? FUCKING PRONOUNS!! FUCKING GENDER AMBIGUITY! FUCKING CURRENT DAY CALIFORNIAN SHIT! ‘CAUSE THAT’S ALL WE FUCKIN’ KNOW! 'CAUSE WE’RE BORING!! …WE’RE SO! FUCKING! BORING! …WE. Can’t SEE. Past out own FUCKING REFLECTION. … THAT’S THE LEVEL OF OUR NARCISISSM HERE.” - SAYS THE WESTERN SITE DEVELOPER. “FUCK YOUR MAFIA FORUM. FUCK YOU HAVING A GOOD TIME. FUCK YOU JUST FALLING INTO A THREAD AND JUST GETTING LOST. OH, NO, NO! CURRENT FUCKING DAY!” …FUCK OFF! YOU’RE BORING. YOU’RE FUCKING DULL. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY. YOU ARE A ONE HIVEMIND TWATWAFFLE. …THAT’S ALL YOU FUCKIN’ ARE! And you wonder why people are getting so FUCKING SICK! AND TIRED! YOU TAKE EVERYTHING WE LOVE. ALL OUR COOKIE THREAD DISCUSSIONS. ALL OUR QUEUED GAMES. ALL OUR FUNNY JOKE GENERAL THREADS. AND YOU JUST CAN’T HELP SHOVEL YOUR DOGSHIT! FUCKING CRAP! IDEOLOGY. INTO EVERYTHING. EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY FUCKING THING. … … …

mods please don’t hire a hitman on me its a modified copypasta

3 Likes

*looks at Vanilla Queue*
presses X to doubt

Y’know, there’s only so much setups I can make. Ideas are supposed to be cheap, but for some reason I am struggling with continuously pomping out new and innovative games.

I’ve never bothered with flavor because (1) I’m not good with them and (2) My Testament proved that nobody cares anyway.

1 Like

flavors are a personal opinion thing tbh don’t worry

1 Like

not for filling a game. your testament argueably had more flavor than the other games because it had a joke around it that was public!

i personally don’t care much

I also don’t really care

well ik a bunch of people are more inclined to join a game if they like the flavor it just doesn’t impact the game Negatively usually

1 Like

for special games
not vanilla ones

Hm… Maybe I should actually put a stop on my setups for a month or six and see how the queue fares.

Nah. They gave priorities to other games so I wouldn’t have to host back-to-back-to-back.

2 Likes

yeah that was part of me slotting in a mountainous

giving you a break

1 Like

I’d try to host a special game (probably mad17 i liked that) but i have other things im poised to host

1 Like

I’ll be real here: I see myself as a decent host who can host back-to-back-to-back.

As far as I am concerned, I have the same opinion as Eliza in the sense that I worry more about others not submitting their own setups because my setups already exist.

3 Likes

do you got the drink in you tho

…? I don’t understand the question.

this is a weird music reference dw

1 Like

…okay, in hindsight this triggers me more than it should have.

Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we?
  • Stratagem-14; a Stratagem setup designed by Zugzwang and edited to my preference by me. Cancelled presumably because the power roles did not appeal enough people to join.
  • Vote-a-Life; a vote-centered setup where roles don’t flip and vote shenanigans roam due to the invisible existence of “private votes”.
  • Dust & Vashes; an open setup from another site, slightly edited to match FoL’s levels.
  • Death’s Wind; an open setup from another site, slightly edited to match FoL’s levels. Cancelled presumably because the power roles are boring and/or unfun.
  • Glorious Victory; a deceiving setup where the majority of the roles are effectively useless. Cancelled presumably because of the dispute regarding the bastard tag.
  • April Showers Recontructed; a sequel setup of April Showers Overhaul, taking account of the feedback from its predecessor while maintaining the general structure of the setup.
  • Paradox Hazard; a manipulation-centered setup where action resolution was of importance. Though, I feel like I could’ve done a better job emphasizing this aspect somehow.
  • Wrogn; a semi-open setup where power roles see roles they are not. Cancelled presumably because it was a semi-open setup with known amounts of power roles.
  • The Cyberiad Overhaul; a “modifier”-centered setup where removing said modifiers would either buff or nerf other roles. Unfortunately the Normalizers died early and the game ended abruptly due to the Neutral’s win condition.
  • Restless Spirits; a dead-interaction-centered setup where all players would still be able to play the game even after death. Cancelled presumably because people were not fond of dead interaction.
  • Zone’s Testament; a minimalistic setup, proving that all my efforts into making flavor and neat formatting were for naught.
  • Stratagem-13; a Stratagem setup.
  • Stratagem-15; a Stratagem setup.
  • Undertale Overhaul; an overhaul of my first setup, which was very much unbalanced. IIRC I asked Achro to handle flavor text, but since that never happened, I didn’t bother making any flavor beyond the SOD1 flavor.
  • Stratagem-17; a Stratagem setup. Cancelled presumably because people didn’t want to handle with fake and quack items.
  • True Majority; a low-power setup inspired by eevee’s categorization of the voting system.
  • April Showers Overhaul; an overhaul setup based on a setup of Osie. It had room for improvement, as some players showed dissatisfaction with their roles.
  • Stratagem-27; a Stratagem setup.
  • Stratagem-21; a flipless Stratagem setup. Cancelled presumably because players did not favor games with dead interaction.
  • Hell Echoes; a messy setup from a time when I cared less about the cohesion and meaning of a setup.
  • Stratagem-10; a Stratagem setup.
  • Corrupt Votes II; a vote-centered setup where everyone could spend their points to gain advantage over other players. Cancelled presumably because the purchasable abilities were unbalanced and/or unfun.

Wow uh… I sure have many cancelled setups. But the point is: I don’t understand where the feeling of “factory-made” comes from. Other than the Stratagem setups, I feel like all my games have been unique.

Like, the only thing that I can think of is the fact that I keep using the same format. (Which I have standardized, because making different OPs for each game is a chore that the majority of the players simply don’t appreciate.)

5 Likes