SFoL 70: Last Stand of the Virtous IV - DRAW AND HEADHUNTER WIN

I am a person that enjoys dealing with mechanical BS because it gives me a way to catch people out. With socials there’s always a way out with that kind of thing - always 2 ways of looking at certain interactions. Socials are cool and all but they’re not as reliable as a mechanical read will be

1 Like

theres so many lies, but only one truth

something like that?

Well lets say for example I believe someone trusts another player too much, but we’re all VT’s. That trust could be a townread or it could be a wolf trusting another wolf or it could be a pocket

compared to that trust being the result of a mechanical copcheck, and the other player is mechanically trustworthy too or something

1 Like

The difference is I can just ignore one for later and I have to spend time worrying about the other one the entire time

People laughing about me allying gorta and trying to out as EK to them is funny as fuck by the way.

It did happen. I openwolfed with gorta for about 3 hours and then tried to half-ass back off by calling it a “test” and I got away with it

God bless gorta that was honestly hilarious

The chad play would have been to play along and then out me next day immediately

2 Likes

If you’re looking for any criticisms on this game and it’s balance though I don’t think I have much

though I would say I think Judge needs to be punished for incorrectly attacking a good king

the punishment is having to be king

3 Likes

oh, critiques on the setup.
the starting king is the least influential player in the game, and theres next to no reason for the Unseen to ever kill them.

:moyai:

1 Like

I think you could just simply make it so that the kill goes through either way but if you attack and kill a GK you lose all abilities the same way the butler does, and are unable to mechanically step for the rest of the game

and ofc you also don’t become king if the king is good

That would make the convert a little weaker if they decide to shoot a GK but you could just make the convert king snipe frame the king as evil king if successful and it wouldn’t be that big of a deal

Basically this
CoD is boring but not for this reason

I think crowned kings losing all their abilities to become a generic king is fine, because I heavily dislike converter kings stepping and then just being completely undetectable by virtue of how the king works, stepping should be a trade-off not a complete benefit

the trade off is you’re now undetectable, are effectively an extra evil because you no longer count as the role you previously were and still have mafia chat

But at the same time I think if the last evil is someone who stepped as king at some point during the game or are stepping as king despite being the last one left they should keep the ability to kill like a PK

1 Like

Starting EK shouldn’t get this benefit though - just any evil that manages to step afterwards, otherwise you have a situation where you can force someone to step as king and vote them as king and if they’re the last evil you win on the spot which is silly

2 Likes

its funny if the king vote becomes a second execution vote

Essentially I’m saying that if I’m groupscum and I know it then I should be incentivized to interact with the king mechanics. The NK is because they become PK, the neuts are because they become special unique neutral kings, but the evils aren’t because they effectively eliminate themselves?

1 Like