Splatfest Revenge - Day 6 - Mafia Victory!

Thoughts on Pyxxy’s recent conversation with me?

how is that what you say here

why do you refuse to acknowledge my perspective jfc

—everynyan

1 Like

“Since EoD1”

Because your perspective is wrong because either your a town not understanding what I’ve been doing or your a wolf.
Simple.

okay

SOD D2

today

pick what you want

I don’t care

can you just fucking understand my perspective

Yeah, I can tell this is sarcasm here.

That’s right yeah.

I also suspect you both for different reasons.
Of which you can find as I’ve said them over and over already.

no, you’re not understanding my point about my perspective

Starting from the top - gonna run these a bit out of order to show conversation threading better

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 4

I think each of these starting threads look bad for Caitlin’s alignment at worst and is not towny at best.

In the first one, I have generally found that starting by talking about how you’re “not a big fan of X post” in particular comes from scum far more often than town. It’s a very, very weak read, even for the early-game, and is worded in a way that scum feel much more cozy posting where town are usually less concerned. It is intentionally phrased not as “I find this scummy” and not even “I don’t like this” but instead as “I’m not a fan of this” which is just much more likely to come from scum approaching RVS from a place of not wanting to commit too hard to anything fme. Especially when you also walk it back further by saying “I get the need to get the game picking up” which is hedging even further. This is a very classically wolfy RVS post if you ask me.

In the second one, Caitlin has missed what is a fairly obvious joke in locking tutuu town for saying “I’m definitely town, yep!”. I acknowledge that Abigail vouched for her as being the kind of person to miss jokes, but from my experience earlygame humor is far more likely to go over the heads of scum than town - just look at HumanDawn in my G8 qualifier or Arete in Hydra Vig10 for a great example of this at play. Especially when it’s also dissuading others from having town reads, something scum are often antsy about in the earlygame and “it’s early” is often a good-feeling excuse to use to try and shut things down and leave options open. No wolf likes somebody being cleared for free in the first 10 minutes of the game, but town very rarely actually think that such a townread will hold, and so their likelihood to try and dismantle it is wildly lower.

The third thread, if I may again call back to Hydra Vig10, is kinda a classic.

Given their relationship, I think this is the weakest of the four threads, but jumping to the defense of somebody who is not in the thread for a statement made about them in good humor tends to run into the same kind of thing as thread 2 - town are less likely to feel obliged to speak up so strongly. Again, weakest point, but it also isn’t something I think is actively towny, so I’ve included it for completeness.

The fourth thread I think also doesn’t look great - although being self-aware about your game starts is not inherently scummy, going out of your way to publicize that after you have already been contributing to the game feels like waving a banner to show “look at me, I’m town guys!” whereas most town players who have already been chatting and even ostensibly dropped a read would probably be happier to let their actions speak for themselves. This kind of self-conscious cover-up is way more likely, fme, to come from scum, who feel under far more scrutiny than town do, particularly in the early-game.

When you add in Luka saying his goal is to die N1, something I would generally expect most people to squint at, and Caitlin taking it in stride, it just really looks like she has, through all four of these threads, really avoided giving any actual reads on people. The best we got was not “being a fan” of a single Leafia post. It’s a limp-dick start to the game in a way that far more often comes from wolves.

This all collectively led me to vote her early-game.

1 Like

I can understand you don’t like me pushing on you but that’s the game.
If your town your goal is to show me that.

Right now I think you’re likely to be a wolf. :woman_shrugging:

Leafia it’s not ;-;
I have no clue when I’m talking about mafia terms sometimes
I just fake it till I make it
nods to look wise when someone says something smart using mafia terminology

Orange is town for putting too much effort into a game that he doesn’t need to if he’s wolf.

2 Likes

Yeah so I take it neither of you are going to get out of the tunnel.
Noted.

sorry this makes me a bit mad though

“well, your perspective is wrong” I thought us villagers were supposed to be finding each other

oh right jk, I’m not a villager to you so I don’t deserve any understanding or empathy or good faith

“town not understanding what I’ve been doing”
That’s not my point. You saying this means that you do not understand that I am trying to get you to see things from my perspective. This is you taking my perspective and just looking at it again through your lens and going “well, I don’t think that’s reality here, so you’re just wrong”

is that not in their range?
joycat comes to mind when i think of “unnecessary effort as wolf”

I really think Orange and Caitlin are both villagers pushing on each other in a tunnel.

Please take a look at Pyxxy for me.
I need someone else’s take on them that I trust.

I mean it could but mafia players are lazy for the most part.

I’m not confident in getting an accurate read on them since this is the first time I’m meeting them.