Weekly Monday Discussion #4 - User Presence

I feel like some people without that security have trouble using their scum chat, even as a scum chat? Like i guess thats kind of their problem but. i thought id say

1 Like

Is there a reason using wolf chat as private space is bad?

1 Like

The host is there and usually silently has to see it

Well yes but that’s because they decided they need to be in there

u say that like they shouldnt be lmao

1 Like

Hydra games often require the host to be able to see comms too which always weirded me out

What do you mean. I can’t leave a wolfchat where I’m hosting for like, integrity reasons. I’m forced to be in and read every message of people venting at each other

1 Like

As long as the expectation is that the host is in wolfchat, which it is here, I made the Discord server, they are not private spaces

Venting is helpful. I don’t understand feeling comfortable venting to your randomly assigned wolf partners, but being wary of the randomly assigned village fellow community members. Isn’t that just arbitrary, because it’s based on RNG? Unless your selection process of which people you’re more comfortable with is just based off people you like more. But then what does that have to do with wolf chat?

5 Likes

if it results in wolves deciding they don’t want to release wolf chat, yes

1 Like

venting about the game and about wolfing assumedly

1 Like

Okay im cutting the shit I am the person in the post obviously. I spent like 7 minutes trying to articulate myself perfectly to not step on anyone who may see this’s toes because i dont have that safety. Its a selfish reason but like i dont think im the only one

2 Likes

And to be clear, since my number of games hosted is very low and can be PoEd on: I’m exaggerating for rhetorical effect, here no wolfchat I’ve actually been host in has gotten particularly bad or made me extremely uncomfortable, though I won’t deny that I have been frustrated. But it’s well possible that it happens under the current precedent, and it makes me feel less comfortable hosting here.

1 Like

Alright arctic I’m just stating how I feel about this, I know of the thing you quoted as I just said it. I am exploring arguments against things I am saying because I do not think I am perfect. It is kind of their problem, but that doesnt mean they are left to deal with it alone?

I don’t understand what youre trying to add by quoting something I said very intentionally back at me. It feels like you just want an argument more than a discussion of anything here.

1 Like

If it’s not something genuinely hurtful to you and just wolfing (which you will have to do 25% of the time ) - I find it pessimistic to have little trust in your fellow friends you play mafia with to see you Not Be Strong. Obviously I wouldn’t force anyone to, I don’t intend to peer pressure with this message. I’m just sharing my personal experience with this - if the end goal of the whole exercise is “Finding Emotional Peace” - being open/public with is has been a more effective strategy for me. Obviously my experience doesn’t necessarily mean it’s an objective guaranteed truthful result that will occur for everyone, but I just chose to share it for what it’s worth.

1 Like

I found it to be the fastest way of countering your argument

By repeating something i acknowledged? Something i was aware of? There isnt even an argument being made arctic

I just realized, Insanity was in a game eevee hosted. I understand now why wolfchat shouldn’t be considered private space.

2 Likes