Word Match V: Friendship is Necromancy Magic

but i want it nowwwwwwww

Round 2 Results

With 7 teams in this round, 2 will be eliminated.

Quick Aside:

Iā€™m extremely thankful to Marluna for handling the lionā€™s share of this round. Hoping to not thrust so much stuff on her in future rounds.

1st Place

Nutella and Jane, with 1 round!

Marluna warned me about this one, and I promptly ignored her warnings.
Whoops.

2nd Place

Arctic and Arete, with 1 round!

I did not expect ARREST to be as dominating word over SAVE as it ended up being, instead expecting this one to spiral into guessing criminal activities.

Will keep this in mind for next round on.

3rd Place

May and Zugzwang, with 3 rounds!

Not much to say here. This one went about as expected.

4th Place

Pandora and Lilith, with 3 rounds!

In a different context, I could see myself recognizing CELTIC and CELTS as separate words. Coming out of GAUL and BARBARIAN, though, makes it close enough for both Marluna and me.

5th Place

Katze and Alexandra, with 3 rounds!

Lots of tie-breaking this round. Alexandra jumping from JUICE to LEMON is not where Iā€™d have gone, but I imagine they speak from the experience of cutting open a lemon with an injured hand.

6th Place - Eliminated

Hazard and Litten, with 6 rounds!

Lots of near-misses in a round that was too competitive to allow it. CULT and SOCIETY going into RELIGION is hysterical and only the second-best reasoning from this round that will be presented to the moderators on why I should be banned from hosting Word Match.

7th Place - Eliminated

Marshal and Bionic, with 20 rounds!

Lots of thoughts on this one for very obvious reasons.
POKEMON and POTION into LEFTOVERS is clever; POKEMON and POTION into MEDKIT (ā€œfrom Fortniteā€) is a wild response.
BANDAGES and BAND-AID were deemed to be two different things, given that a bandage is a more generic term and applies to a lot of different non-Band-Aid things.
The second half descends into madness.

Very glad that every round so far features at least one team that completely flies off the rails. Thatā€™s the fun of Word Match.

Good job to all teams! I will send out information about the Revival Process shortly.

Teams

Team 1:

@Hazardwaste and @Litten

Team 3:

@May and @Zugzwang

Team 4:

@Arctic and @Arete

Team 6:

@pandora and @lilith

Team 7:

@Marshal and @Bionic

Team 9:

@nutella and @Jane

Team 10:

@katze and @alexandra

2 Likes

yeah.

1 Like

nuuu

Wait what the fuck were those words

I think it was too comepititge because the words were too close wtf

Revival Consideration

How This Will Work

Teams will send us an ordered list of players they want to join their team in one of their PMs. At the end of the Consideration period, I will go in order for each team and select the highest player on their list that hasnā€™t already been revived into another team.
I will skip over teams that either havenā€™t submitted a list or have chosen to waive the list. Once the teams whoā€™ve submitted lists have chosen their revival, I will randomly choose players for the remaining teams.

Order for Selection:

1. @nutella and @Jane
  2. @May and @Zugzwang
  3. @pandora and @lilith
  4. @Arctic and @Arete
  5. @katze and @alexandra

Players Available for Revival

@Bionic
@carbonated
@CarrotyReaper
@Chloe
@guavagudetama
@Hazardwaste
@Kanave
@Litten
@Marshal
@sulit

If you are on the Revival List and do not wish to be revived, let me know.

Teams will have until 2024-08-21T00:00:00Z to submit their Revival lists. Round 3 will start once all revivals are done.

2 Likes

that marshal/bionic one is kinda painful to read ngl

also wow this round was way closer than i expected

1 Like

can i guess whos going to revive who?

Scientology made me crack up

not gonna lie. loosing on 6 tho is rough

1 Like

now you know how squirrel feels!

i am glad tho. that me not going for buddahism on 4 like i was gonna do then second guessed myself wasnt the deciding factor

it was the most accurate thing I thought of

2 Likes

surprisingly correct!

but the correct term is ā€œpast livesā€

you should use it if you wanna join the cult

just to confirm, weā€™re allowed to discuss our choice over Discord with our partner, right?

i thought buddhism would have required more info on religion and i didnt know how much you knew so i went with the most basic

OH scientology. Nah i went religion for i think similar reasons

i just got caught off guard by it

i still think 6 was good tho even if we got elimiā€™d

1 Like