that sure is a cool edit history

1 Like

@Aleph @Daeron @Ash @Marshal @Squirrel2412 @Zone_Q11

Round 3 resolution!

Daeron 1 uses Cursed Soul on Zone_Q11, exchanging it with Stockpile

Zone_Q11 holsters Cursed Soul

Ishmael has whispered Ash and Squirrel

Ishmael has made no deals

Ishmael attacks Daeron 2 for 16, defends for 47 and holsters the hot potato mutation

Daeron 1 uses Bulwark

Daeron 2 defends for 39

Ash uses Replication targeting Zone_Q11, uses Call Option with X = 33, attacks Daeron 2 for 8

Marissa attacks Ishmael for 24, defends for 40

Squirrel attacks Daeron 2 for 65 and defends for 15

Zone_Q11 attacks Ash for 88, uses Defensive Overload for X = 52

(Nobody has spent energy to stabilize or Burn to counter-stabilize; it would have been announced here if it happened)

As per the OOO:

Replication procs first. It counters no abilities. It gains a strike

Call Option procs procs next:

M has been resolved as 35 at game start. Submitted X is 33. The amount of Energy spent this round is 75 (20 from Call Option, 15 from Replication, 40 from Cursed Soul). 75 exceeds 33 by 42.
X - M / 3 = 33 - 11.67 = 21.33
21.33 * 42 = 896

Ash gains 896 Health

(Note: After talking to Ash, he didn’t intend for Call Option to count itself as the energy cost spent to play cards (use Powers) when submitting this ability to Wilow. But the ability doesn’t say “other” cards, it says “all” cards. So going by rules as written as I’ve been going by for other decisions like Marissa surviving Chrono Shield and Ishmael’s Devil’s Bargain giving mechanical powers I’m going to resolve it in the more liberal interpretation, rather than take into account balance. This is for the sake of consistency in judgement. Even if it didn’t count itself he still would have gotten him 469 Health, fwiw)

(Also, the cooldown is inherent to each player. If Call Option is stolen by Cursed Soul, the new user won’t have the cooldown of the previous owner. For the sake of consistency with Cursed Soul ruling)

Ishmael has 47 shields and takes 24 incoming damage. Takes no damage

Daeron has 0 shields and takes 0 incoming damage. Bulwark makes him immune to damage this round. Takes no damage

Daeron 2 has 39 shields and takes 89 incoming damage. Takes 50 damage

Daeron 2 dies!

Ash has 0 shields and takes 88 incoming damage. Takes 88 damage

Marissa has 40 shields and takes 0 incoming damage. Takes no damage

Squirrel has 15 shields and takes 0 incoming damage. Takes no damage

Zone_Q11 has 52 shields and takes 0 incoming damage. Takes 0 damage. Due to 52 excess shields, he will Burn for 52 (Defensive Overload has inherent Block to Burn)

Daeron 1 is linked to Ash. Ash has taken 88 damage. 10% rounded up from that is 9. Daeron 1 loses 9 Health

Note: Bulwark made him immune to damage this turn, but I specifically worded Link Pain as “Life loss that cannot be prevented”. Similar to Magic the Gathering: if you lose life, you lose it no matter what even if you were under the effect of “prevent damage”. Basically the Life Loss doesn’t count as “damage”, you just lose the life (in mtg and in here)

Ishmael Burns for 5 due to the hot potato mutation

Zone_Q11 Burns for 52 due to Defensive Overload

Health after all that chaos:

Ishmael: 58 HP
Daeron 1: 31 HP
Daeron 2: DEAD
Ash: 851 HP
Marissa: 64 HP
Squirrel: 80 HP
Zone_Q11: 1 HP

Everybody will mutate now, after Round 3. But in the next post it’s getting long

3 Likes

HAAHAHAHHAHAHAJH HOLY SHIT

4 Likes

I’ve been waiting to do this for so long.

3 Likes

Phenomenal

2 Likes

but it says regain
I thought it was a heal?

1 Like

you know for some reason in my head call option was spend X energy

1 Like

well life linking myself to Ash was a disasterous idea it seems

2 Likes

Funniest possible way for me to get revenge.

1 Like

for?

1 Like

ideally this would have been elaborated earlier

sorry if people feel robbed at this

personally id rule it as just life gain, since there is no defined “maximum health”

we start by 100 health, but what is your maximum health defined as - 100, or our health after we bid in the auction? its not really clear

1 Like

Playful.

1 Like

also in a shocking twist of events the power designed to be incomprehensible math only comprehensible to the person who created it ends up giving literally 800 health

6 Likes

who could have seen this coming

5 Likes

In my defense, Cursed Soul bypassed both checks that I put on the card.

3 Likes

LOL
I forgot I did that
but I don’t see how that’s revenge against specifically me?

3 Likes

me when ambiguity of the wording of powers has screwed this entire game harder than me of which that was my entire goal: :wowee:

2 Likes