20020th poster gets a cookie (cookie thread (Part 7))

DnD(And most TTRPGs) already has a base level of player control taken out due to dice so i find someone facilitating the game and interpreting the dice roles fine

there’s also DnD being not competitive and a cooperative game which (in theory) reduces salty bitches

2 Likes

DID SOMEBODY SAY DnD

1 Like

no go back to your cave gremlin

1 Like

I think the most important point to make is that there is host intervention in a social deduction game which was definitely not well received with Mizora

1 Like

Go back to your bridgewater, your goblin highness

:rage:

1 Like

Mizora my beloved

1 Like

better a monarch than a cave dweller

Yeah the monarch of bridgetching

1 Like

host intervention is funny when it’s the entire point in a game not meant to be taken serious (Anarchy)

1 Like

This is the same case for BOTC, with roles and setup determined on game randomization (SH, FT, ect). Having a Storyteller to increase frankly the amount of fun the players have is not a sign of ‘objectively’ poor game design.

4 Likes

YBW:

(callback to that time you killed her in the doppelgangers game)

3 Likes

2 Likes

lol

ONESHOT WORLD MACHINE EDITION IS OUT!!!

I think BotC is better because of the Storyteller. It adds the host to the list of people to be social deducted.

Exhibit A: BotF XXVII, where benguined believed Gummy was mafia because for Leafia to be mafia, Storytellers N1 and Daeron would’ve had to give the Noble both evils from the start. This was, in fact, what the Storytellers did.
Exhibit B: In a QBCord BotC game run by Arete, I was the Librarian and learned that one of Carbon or benguined was the Saint; we later realized that I was actually the Drunk, meaning that there wasn’t a Saint. Arete had put both evils into my fake Librarian guess, and had we realized this, we could’ve caught Demon Carbon.

1 Like

to be clear i did not believe gummy was mafia. i believed the openwolfing other wolf in my noble ping was town. big difference

2 Likes

also trying to meta read the storyteller is asking to fuck around and find out

2 Likes

ONESHOT IS CURRENTLY 4 DOLLARS ON STEAM!!! GET THE ORIGINAL GAME FOR 4 DOLLARS!!!

that being said scripts like bmr are reliant on there being unwritten rules as to what the storyteller will and won’t do. and the resulting agency that provides. pacifist and sailor would be borderline nonfunctional if the storyteller couldn’t decide what to do with them

1 Like

I think that you have to read the storyteller in order to be “good” at BOTC. Meta reads? Not so sure

2 Likes