24680th poster gets a cookie (cookie thread (Part 7))

its sweet

1 Like

what do you plan on doing for a living

1 Like

I feel like this works extremely well on a particular kind of person.

1 Like

hmm? furthest?

are you a knife because you cute haha :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

hopefully game dev

1 Like

good lord may you find peace

1 Like

yeah. 2.1 rounds to 3 2.9 rounds to 2. i don’t remember what but there was a situation where theoretically an algorithm that did that would he significantly more efficient at collision checking

1 Like

Hey

1 Like

i feel unwell

1 Like

wym find it? why not manually code it so it does that math urself?

@Marshal hey, sorry I saw your profile and I just thought you looked cute in your picture, I really wanted to tell you that :)) It’s really rare to see girls playing video games haha! I don’t know why its a guy thing honestly im like really against misogyny and like ill be the one in the kitchen making sandwiches. We should really play l4d2 sometime its a really cool zombie game with a lot of scary moments, but don’t worry ill be there to protect you ;) sorry that wasnt flirting I swear Im just trying to be friendly I really like your profile picture sorry was that too far? Really sorry i’m really shy I don’t go out much haha add me on skype we should talk more you look really nice and fun

5 Likes

evening

1 Like

@Marshal make me a sandwich and ill let you pet my cat his name is tiger

3 Likes

learn from the master

1 Like

unless you mean bruteforcing the algorithm uh, No
i need the algorithm that does that. the most effective way we found was just if else or using nearest to round and floor round and comparing the two but that had some issues with already perfect numbers

1 Like

i feel skepticism that an algorithm that needs to do this unusual math is more efficient at collision checking but i dont claim i know everything

if this is such an uncommon thing and its difficult to find on the internet then its not industry standard. if its not industry standard i question if its the most efficient. unless its a recently discovered thing

it was more efficient in this One use case tutuu in the frame it was built around. i ended up going with another method using position and position + velocity which was nearly as fast but much more robust

1 Like

i dont manually calculate collission checking anyway, my engine does it for me hahah. i wouldnt wanna be a game dev if i had to manually do physics and such and all those tidbits