24680th poster gets a cookie (cookie thread (Part 7))

correction, frankenstein is the doctor, not the monster.

1 Like

Amazing how the cookie always drops in the exact blind spot when I can’t access FoL.

3 Likes

ok dweeb

1 Like

the way we stock stuff

On certain days like Monday/Saturday (any day where the people who send us the pallets actually put a majority of the items that belong to us (grocery) and which sections they belong to on the same pallet) and we don’t have to sort through stuff in the back room, we take the pallets and we basically go through the aisles and drop the boxes where they would go, but like, in front of them

then once we do that for all the items, we take break; we come back, and they go through and throw the truck (put stuff on shelves) as fast as possible
my job, which, is apparently invaluable, is to sometimes help them do it but a majority of the time is just picking up the boxes and trash while the other people throw the stuff, and if they are going particuarly slow I can help them with a couple boxes

I save them so much time because of this

1 Like

This is different to Walmart where the managers go “THIS IS YOUR SECTION. YOU WILL BRESTHE HERE AND LIVE HERE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, UNLESS WE NEED HELP IN ANOTHER ASILE. HERE ARE YOUR PALLETS OF ITEMS THAT GO HERE. DO WHATEVER YOU WSNT SO LONG AS THE PALLETS ARE GONE BY THE END OF YOUR SHIFT. BEGINE MORTAL”

And you basically become a master of that section

1 Like

They can’t afford to do that with 3/4/5 people working at a time (the frozen manager takes over on Thursday when the manager is gone so he knows where things go to so he doesn’t get yelled at) so they do things differently from other krogers and Walmart

1 Like

oh yeah and this Kroger gives absolutely zero fucks whatsoever about overtime, go ahead and work six days in a row we don’t care

8 hours, 6 days in a row is still considered fine at a lot of places.

8 hours? lol

on Tuesdays and thursdays we come in at 8 pm and stay till 6 usuallt

Then on Sunday we come in at 9

Other times we come in at 10 but sometimes we have to stay longer

So I guess if you worked every day but Friday then usually

that’s a lot, tbf.

53 if I did math right?

yeah 40 a week is the standard anything more is generally OT

40 * 17.5 = 700 + 335.75, ignore the fact the extra dollar a. Does not go into overtime math (as base pay is 16.5 until we work 10 to six am, where an extra dollar is added) b. Union fees (10 dollars a week) c. some hours are obviously not going to be in that window of eight hours so minus a couple dollars

1 Like

based union member litten???

3 Likes

Kroger is unionzed meow meow meow

2 Likes

That’s a lot.

1 Like