Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

it’s very versatile

Bonus lore I do genuinely only wear cheap jeans. I am the same with my hot chocolate. My hot chocolate has to be the shittiest hot chocolate youve ever seen. My favourite brand comes in bags of chocolate powder. Not like. those tiny little pouches. they are big. there are several hot chocolates per bag. I keep an old coffee tin to empty the bags into

1 Like

Now, if you were to break standards, would you still be within standards?
The word implies otherwise, so: No, you would not be within standards anymore.
You would become special. Yes… Special. Just like anyone else.

If this is for a mafia context, I would avoid using something like “later” because its normally bounded by some mutual understanding between interlocutors and is going to be a lot more vague in a mafia role card. If vagueness is what you’re going for, I would (amusingly) use more precise language to convey the ambiguity like “at some point in the future unknown to you” or whatever. Otherwise a player may wrongly interpret “later” to mean something differently, and you don’t want players to not understand what a role card says because misunderstanding something is generally regarded as unfun.

2 Likes

I agree! Good thing I was not the one who used “later” in the description of “Delayed”, huh? :smile:

1 Like

Well I did it with a 100% ITA shot so I’m cooler than those people
:polidab:

1 Like

have you considered

Nya

1 Like

Nya

nya

rn im out so im using store brand. no where near as good. but compared to brand name hot chocolate? fucking gods gift to earth. Brand name hot chocolate has this special property that makes it goop and pungent. It makes me gag. They all have this issue to a degree but the cheaper the better. The bags are basically clean. Incredibly easy to wash. The bags are also neat in that unlike most drinks i have (especially hot chocolate) to bring out the flavor and use less powder per cup I need caramel - almond, while pretty much anything else is helped by vanilla. But with caramel almond, getting just the right ratio, it is the greatest drink ever devised by man.
I have little skrrts. that’s what i call my bottles of extract. that’s also what I call spray bottles and fragrance. And some soaps. They’re exceptionally difficult to get as they arent produced in high quantities but they last ages and add SO much to a drink, especially my hot chocolates which expect how much how chocolate and then still taste of water if it’s a worse make. Now the bags they’re pretty good on their own but with a skrrt. Dear god. great drink.
I have to establish that the skrrts are one brand. There is one good brand of flavoring extract for hot drinks. The rest are ass. I have tried many and none have come even close. But the issue is this brand, while really fucking cheap, is never in stock. Someone must be hoarding it. Other than me. I have like 4 unopened in my cupboard rn. If I ever have absolutely none of any of them I think it’s over I need my skrrts. It is already bad times when I have none of my hot chocolate bags

3 Likes

I’ve been typing about hot chocolate for 10 minutes

im so proud

Motherfucker I am more transgender than you shut up

4 Likes

In retrospect I do not know what I meant by that

2 Likes

damn ok

1 Like

Lmao

The demons took over for that one. They kinda real as fuck tho they speaking in tongues but I can tell they making some good ass points

2 Likes

Oh you’re referring to Delayed in the list of vanilla roles. If “later” isn’t literally used in a game, and is instantiated that’s fine. X-shot would be bad if you used it in that abstract form, but it’s instantiated as like 1-shot or 2-shot or whatever. Some hosts may not know that for Delayed, but I imagine that’s what Reviewers are for.

1 Like

“I can only target you if you are my enemy.”
But what if I don’t even know whether you are my ally or my enemy? Only the enemy knows who they can trust; we of the majority don’t have such privilege.

What exactly does “can only target X” mean? Would you fail if you attempt to target “not X”? If so, would you be informed if you were to fail because of this restriction? If so, then you are not whatever you thought you are; you are an investigator. Even worse: You are an alignment cop. One that could ruin the core aspect of social deduction if left unchecked.

If you are not informed of failing for not targeting X, then… to be honest, nothing bad happens. You would simply have to see how your target behaves, and rely on the functionality of your ability and the proficiency of your social reading skills to read your target; see whether your target was affected by your ability or not.

If you do not fail despite being told that you “can only target X”, then… there is actually nothing stopping you from targeting anyone.

Yep yep! Boy, would it be a fun sight if weird definitions of “later” were to be accepted in review because it wasn’t explained in the description. It probably won’t be allowed, but it’s still a funny thought! :laughing:

1 Like