(more likely myself)

1 Like

i have no control over it so its random

With my luck it’s going to be Magnificus and me

1 Like

I don’t know how death works in their case though
They’re immortal aren’t they?

1 Like

I can still die, I’ll just still be around to contribute if I do.

1 Like

(obligatory song insert)

@Achromatic.
Your move.

Summary

The term "wit” is defined as the capacity for inventive thought and quick understanding; keen intelligence. When considering the meaning of this word, it becomes clear that “results” alone cannot be an accurate measure of an individual’s intellect. Achievements and outcomes don’t necessarily reflect the depth of one’s wit or mental capabilities. A victory is not always earned; a loss is not always deserved. You’ve all heard this before.

I think the above quote exemplifies my string of bad luck. I missed four nightkills in ‘80s Wild Overhaul because there were too many protectives; I was eliminated by a neutral killer after attaining majority in AI UPick; I went for a tricky play in ?KRC and was outed for trying to play around a closed setup; I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in AMQ. All Mafia. Four losses. All games of wit, rather than perception.

Achromatic’s winstreak is impressive and shouldn’t be disparaged by anyone, of course. There can be no doubt in anyone’s mind that he is the conventionally superior Mafia player. In that measure I lose every time. However, my ability to swim against the path is very unlike a lot of other people in this community, particularly in recent years. In specifically this regard, I have received high praise in the past.

Take both Keldi’s Minority Rule and Mist’s EiMM games, where each time I lost by a sliver when other people acted beyond the scope of my control. As both were misc games with everyone looking out for themselves, it made no real difference whether I won or lost. Had things gone in a fractionally different way, I could have won both times. In the former, I chose the risks that nobody else would dare to touch with a three-meter pole, until I was eliminated by a deadlocked ending. In the latter, I forged lasting friendships that could’ve me to the end, and loyalty was my downfall.

Take the (mainly Atlas) Dum and Eliza’s PAYOR ?KRC game. Every other player in the game created a killing-oriented role and I instead made something that was much-loved and had never been seen before. When given the chance to make a fun play with a loyal tailor, I took it with both hands; it was harder to get myself executed than it would’ve been to survive, so neither was conventional but both were inventive.

Take Starcraft Overhaul, the game that started it all for me. The first time I fakeclaimed as a villager, which felt like a major turning point as I realised I could play in varying fashions. How else could an unconditional jailkeeper stop two kills and survive four nights?

Or FAM3, when I chose an open-ended action which led to a demon adding themselves to my rolecard. These all have the same thing in common: I made something of my options. Contrast Achro, whose games all roughly boil down to the same loop with the exception of Umineko FM. He’s a conventionally good enough player to get results, but how many funny stories does he have? Does that make him ‘witty’? He didn’t even win Wavelength when he was super confident he could, lured into a false sense of security by his consistently stellar performances.

With all that said, I must thank Litten for supplying the previously listed Princess Bride scene. “A clever man would put the poison into his own goblet”, no no no. Neither Vizzini nor Achro understood the real message of this scene: a witting individual would never stake their life on a game they have any chance of losing. Much like those last games I mentioned before, I made something out of nothing.

Achro didn’t give it to me; he gave me a reroll token and dared me to not use it, but I don’t need a handout. I created a different ability yesterday, and much like my submitted ?KRC rolecard it scored top marks. Maybe it’ll give a chance to survive against this game’s overpowered god. Or perhaps I should’ve done something different. In any case, I think I moved the goalposts by a sufficient enough degree.

3 Likes

Anyway, moving on.

We can’t nominate so this first half of the day feels kinda meh.
I kinda think Zorvo was Jester but I’m not sure. I’m not intending to risk it, really.

1 Like

Guess I’ll gifpost demonpost.

1 Like

1 Like

That was allowed it’s fine.

1 Like

I actually hate having host permission to quote from a private thread because it feels so stessful.

1 Like

Everytime you do it you get flashbacks? XD

I don’t get flashbacks but I felt this weird little jump when I noticed both times.

2 Likes

The light blinds.

And blindness is peace. Haven’t you ever slept before?

I have vivid dreams.

1 Like

Your name tag rn:

1 Like

@Magnus

1 Like