An Attempt at a Sorc 17er - Game Thread

Could it be that during the time we are afflicted with the most duress - is where we really show our true colors?

1 Like

Why Arete is the Alpha Wolf.

Letā€™s start off by talking about what they first did during the day.
They start off with a typical joke vote on Achro, thatā€™s fine.
They then talk about mechanical text chat stuff, whatever itā€™s also fine they are a Mod.
Arete had also been voting quite a bit day 1, I mean itā€™s fine but itā€™s also notable.
They voted Olivest Twice but maybe there was issue with votecount registering idk.

Arete has issues with talk about Apoā€™s talk in regards to Baker and Tutuu, also notable.
Arete interacted with YBW when they talked about Baker and Tutuu being TvW, also notable.

You know I also just realized Areteā€™s first mention of Jinxed and um well, Iā€™ll let you all decide for yourselves.
Arete said the following:
ā€œlol for Jinxed, I find lol actively wolfy and Jinxed at-least-not-townie and lol struggles a lot with TMI/has a tendency to vote partnersā€
This is another thing that was stated:
ā€œmy interpretation after-the-fact is that Achro had (or was claiming to have) a preexisting wolfread on Jinxed (or w/w read on Jinxed/lol), and was asking me that question to try to sus out my alignment

but yes Jinxed is not my Top Scumread (currently thatā€™s lol)ā€

Someone should proof check exactly what Achro said in regards to Jinxed.

In post #1922
Arete stated in the same post suddenly how they like some stuff lol said and that it felt Townie.
Arete said this in one of their posts
ā€œwhat do you think of Jinxed

thatā€™s the other slot Iā€™ve been Rotating as a yeet I might wantā€

The only thing I donā€™t like about this is the ā€œmight wantā€ those specific choice of words.

Also in Post #2764
Why did Arete say the following at the end of the post:

ā€œwhy does Baker want to kill guavaā€

Doesnā€™t even have a question mark but that isnā€™t even the point of why I donā€™t like it, itā€™s calling out something that is going on when normally doesnā€™t Arete just ask Baker about it? Why does Arete say it like this? You can call me Nitpicky but I donā€™t like it.

Just to say this in Post #2878
ā€œok this might be a stupid read but if guava is town Baker is probably also townā€

Itā€™s like they are trying to put the blame away from Baker without making it obvious.

So what bothers me is this list here:
everyone else

Apocryphal
Arctic

Icet
lol
Jinxed

^this was done by Arete and whatā€™s really odd is you would think lol went up yeah?

Itā€™s really funny, sorta like Arete forgot about the lol read, perspective change hmm?

Actually before I continue I am gonna ask some questions to @Arete

So Arete 2 Questions.

1)Are these reads Ordered?
2)When you TRā€™ed lol a bit did it not change your reads?

1 Like

My true colours are SCARED!!

1 Like

I can relate to that. My Light is a hero. But I am a coward. Pat pat

Iā€™m really struggling. Iā€™ll just sheep my top townread Agent

God this is so hard

Iā€™m so sorry :(

thanks
though I think I will try as hard as I can to make some scumcases on like. a lot of people. because i absolutely want to hit a wolf today.
also will probably try to towncase those same people to avoid tunneling hard
idk how many reads iā€™m going to reeval atp, depends how much time and energy I have
definitely keeping you town though because like. getting rid of all assumptions is a way to go in circles

anyway time to read up

1 Like

mmmmmmm
the thing here is that itā€™s not actually at all scummy to post that. if Iā€™m scum I knew Guava was sorcerer so I donā€™t get anything from it.

that being said, even knowing that Iā€™m town and having been the one to post it, I didnā€™t realize that immediately. scum are more likely to realize that, since, well, yeah. but idk. @ thread what do you think

nah imo having not enough scumreads and a lot of townreads is a perfectly good reason to suspect null reads
if someone is more likely to be town, everyone else is slightly more likely to be scum. if a lot of people are more likely to be town, the remaining playres are much more likely to be scum.

anyway ngl Iā€™m gonna stop responding to every little thing so I donā€™t postcap myself
not that iā€™m close, but like. it would be pretty annoying

i come back and they CHANGED THEIR PFP
TO A DIFFERENT COLOR SCHEME
this will have devastating consequences to my brain

apologies for being gone i was at band

Why do you want to kill arete?
I keep seeing that you scumread them but I donā€™t see why

like this response

this post is good but is still easily fakeable, doesnā€™t erally change my perspective on the slot voerall

ā€œheā€™s outed wolf, heā€™s outwed wolf, Iā€™M OUTED WOLF, are there any more wolfs I should know about?ā€
ā€œmeowā€

literally only V arete says this

yes

he is :heart:
and everyone is just letting him
he has done litearlly nothing clearing yet everyone acts like he has

this is literally the only part i read while proceeding to scroll past it and i think that is hillarious because im not oging to read the rest of the post

i have a town tell?

i also thought this but also thought i was being too self centered so i pushed it aside :joy_cat:

i think theyā€™re just doing ā€œtheatreā€

none of the scumcase you posted yesterday had any of this, and like Iā€™m Allowed To Not Townread People If I Donā€™t Townread Them. seriously why should I make up reads if I donā€™t believe in them. I also really havenā€™t shaded anyone or just sussed random posts if I didnā€™t have a good reason

fearing the postcap is cringe
embrace it
(or just do all it one post :joy_cat:)

which part were u referring to with the first part? am a bit confused by that

2 Likes

i actually want to restate how important this is

ONLY V ARETE SAY THIS

arete is town and its up to them to lead now glgl

ngl iā€™m feeling like weā€™re getting swept here if I miss
bad vibes
pressureā€™s on

as for YBWā€™s question
it means that if you think player A is >rand town, and have no other reads, you implicitly think every other player is slightly >rand scum
itā€™s just math
think about how it would be if you were super confident all but 4 players were town
obviously youā€™d suspect those 4 were the scumteam

1 Like

yeah, but they were suspecting me because I didnā€™t think exactly that
idk im still a bit confused i think im misinterpeertreting (this is spelled correctly) something so its w/e

can you give me an explanation to why? i have never played with arete.

hey my man. please dont stress. its a game and who ever you hit is who ever gets hit. after this game is said and done yeah they may be some complaints if you hit wrong. but no one is gonna hate you my dude. go within the general populations POE, that would be the best place if your scared. and if you are good and you do hit a good player. its not the end of the world. we still have enough players to soilder on. just talk to the big solvers. you got this mate

2 Likes

Can you elaborate?

-posts that come from someone fearful of getting bombed

2 Likes

they donā€™t have the confidence to say something like that and not mean it
and they are too nice to say something like that and not actually mean it

the post is the definition of genuine, it just doesnā€™t come from scum!arete

itā€™s hard to fully explain but like, trust me, if you aska nyone else who knows Arete well they can attest that this is true and if they say otherwise they are lockscum

2 Likes

its the same argument i had behind locking my own slot and achroā€™s, yes, and i agree.

2 Likes