An Attempt at a Sorc 17er - Game Thread

Throwing rocks at this

1 Like

Lol. I know this. I know Achro well.

Consider what is occurring here something akin to a traveling rival of Achro’s entering his dojo for an episode to shake things up if you must.

2 Likes

Again, why?

i used to care more about them
however it led to me being scumread for being defensive (as town, maybe also as mafia idk)
so now as both alignments I often purposely ignore posts against me if they’re not that substantial

1 Like

There is a legitimate earnestness to this. I can see that your t/t read was thought through ergo you don’t have info.

ELIZA IS FUCKING HOSTING

3 Likes

I was. Wondering why she hadn’t. Noted. Her reason for voting Eliza down

3 Likes

ok I read through all the posts that happened while I was away

I think Olivest is town now

I might know who CamGrrl is (like as in I am genuinely unsure) and if I’m right I wouldn’t clear them for butting heads with Achro but if I’m wrong and they’re just Some Random Player I probably would :joy_cat:

1 Like

Fwiw in the game I played where mafia Achromatic was caught and flipped Achro was widely townread day 1, got pushed and reacted emotionally and was unable to produce the wim needed to counterpunch and got overwhelmed by the town sweeping up the team around him while he had to play defense instead of coordinating the town to push away from his weaker team members.

It serves a tactical interest to force Achromatic to be towny beyond level 1 based on experience.

1 Like

I thought this before the last two posts but the last two posts are reinforcing it :joy_cat:

1 Like

I can see mafia achro from today

I do appreciate what you’re doing and I think you’re mostly correct (although I don’t think people are trying to stop you based on social boundaries, it’s more because there doesn’t seem to be a reason to suspect him right now). I think you are assuming that people are just lock towning achro and throwing away the key, but there are a number of players who I trust would call out wolfy things if he did them - the thing is, I just don’t really think he’s done anything wolfy yet. Believe me, it does happen - he was scrutinized by quite a few players in the recent mountainous game (another game where he died N1 as town). I think it’s good to hold achro up to scrutiny - in fact I think the next step in the FoL cinematic universe is for the players here to become sentient and actually be able to deal with mafia achro. but with the way games have gone - him dying early as town and not randing mafia like… at all, there’s not much incentive for people to get off their asses just yet. I think another wolfgame or two might give people the necessary wake up call, though.

1 Like

from what I’ve seen so far you’re probably going to hate what I say next

Achro has practically died N1 in every single game and doesn’t seem like they’ve been having a great time in this game yet so I hope they have fun and live past D1
claraheart
I said above as well I have faith Achro will obv town themselves and if they don’t we kill them later on

anyway I finally finished reading up

Tutuu is super towny for the following posts:

the whole mindset here is towny (as I mentioned earlier) but upon closer examination I the bolded is even more town
like. a wolf doesn’t need to remind themselves of this plan. they’ll go along with it unless it’s making them lim their partners.
town!tutuu (in their opinion) needs to constantly control themselves to not start pushing their own reads too strongly

but much stronger evidence imo is

If wolf!Tutuu just realized they should check the OP for whether scum have daychat, they’d think they might have scumslipped and the LAST thing they’d do is post “oh wait is it even in the OP”.

2 Likes

zug was more paranoid in deceive inc

I personally townread his approach to this game. It lines up with everything he’s said about how he feels free to mess around and just vibe in his own world without having to worry too much - he has won every game this year, even when he has had minimal influence. If he was mafia, he’d know that he wouldn’t be nightkilled and he would have to be setting up for the long haul. I recognize that playing like this could give him an excuse for not being nightkilled, since he’s taking it easy if you will, but the issue is that by doing this he is sacrificing a ton of his thread control and failing to establish the positions of his team if he is mafia, and this is something that powerwolf players find very difficult to willingly do, especially if the town is becoming correct and a wolf Achro would simply have to watch their team get boxed in

I’m using terms that make me seem like I’m passing generalised judgement on the whole game in lieue of calling out specific slots. I know almost everyone in this game and I know several of you are more than willing to go at someone you scumread.

I just can also see several slots who would rather let him self resolve and a wolf as competent as achro can never be caught in that paradigm.

And I disagree that he has done nothing wolfy yet.

Not that this is specific and it’s confbias in a way so definitely not a line I want to use to push him but put some thought behind this idea…

In this playerlist as which alignment is achromatic more likely innately to feel like he has won at rand and intentionally limit his play to give others a chance?

2 Likes

you are trying to meta-read me with 1 game that lasted 2 days.
and you’re comparing my play there with my play here which was made exclusively in the first 1.5 hours of the game.
if you want to metaread me seriously i’d happily give you a bunch of games from both alignments. but otherwise it’s very unsound and wrong.

give me other games

this is directed at @IcetFeelsPain
epic reply fail