Baldur's Gate 3 uPick - Day 4 [8/13] - The Party Wins

tutuu
eskcanta
arctic

thunderstorm (it might be too early to start making stupid reads)
zone
leafia
bystander

frostwolf
catbae
jarek
someone
bionic
kiiruma

esk is blatant town; their walls are enormous; they’re extremely literal; claims to be somewhat new to mafia and nobody has disputed that; reads as exceptionally pure. takes a grizzled veteran to fake those walls imo and esk is not that

note: i am relying on my fellow players to alert me if esk is not relatively new to mafia. which seems to be catbae arctic bystander and luka, as esk seems to have played some MU games. the onus is on you to let me know if im wrong, or if theres any relevat information about esk that the entire table is missing

arctic is town, admittedly i havent seen his wolf game but he has been obvious town every game ive played with him, i talk to him almost every day so id like to think i can understand him very well. the desire to improve game quality read as genuine to me, the ways he went about it felt like town to me, the effort that he put into it specifically. could save himself some effort if wolf and just claim to desire to do the thing but he went above and beyond; for early d1 its satisfactory for me to town him

thunderstorm i think is blatantly in her wolf meta; she does nothing but hellbuss as mafia which implicates bystander here if thunderstorm mafia; she is rigid / stubborn and repeats the same things in a loud and somewhat abrasive tone until villagers just listen and then she just wins. as town she (always?) gets suspected and mischopped, never as mafia. i am also 0/9 in my accuracy streak of reading her, which is why ive decided to have the genius idea to reverse my read on her and see if thats the way to adapt my perception of her to try to coexist with her

zone loves his role, its like that sloth from ice age chasing the acorn or gollum chasing the one ring; he loves having a fancy role that he tactically uses to strategically influence the battlefield and defeat the wolves with precision strikes of his night actions. thats my understanding of why zone enjoys playing mafia; his focus on this as his opener to the game reads as expected town zone behavior

disclaimer: i havent seen zone as mafia. there is nothing in theory stopping him from being able to perfectly replicate his town meta as mafia. i think somebody warned me of this earlier i forgot who. so i am relying on my fellow old school FoLers here - arctic, jarek, leafia, frostwolf, kiiruma - to let me know if this is wrong. the onus is on you to adjust the thread’s inaccurate reads on zone

leafia loves being this gif:

FwYFEt6

or this one:

tenor

the most important thing for leafia in mafia is outing information about her role, from my understanding. its like a fun mini-game for her akin to the enjoyment speedrunners derive from beating games quick. she enjoys having this secret thingy that shes supposed to keep secret but she cant contain herself from telling her friends that she loves so much, she just wants all of them to join on on the fun. so her natural behavior is what she has exhibited so far

disclaimer: im actually not sure but i think ive also not seen leafia mafia. ive seen her maybe once - in fam3, almost a year ago. so im not too confident, but so far she is representing a standard leafia town game fmpov

bystander - i am relying on arctic townreading her, and relying on my read that she’s aligned with luka (whatever that alignment may be). the onus falls on the MUers here to not let wolf!bystander win, in my opinion and suggestion/invitation

i have no read on the other people, most of them are players i find hard/impossible to read, catbae maybe i can try later, frostwolf i think is actually kind of easy to read but he needs time to rev up. as i said earlier i avoid scumreads early on as im not good at leading town to a wolf chop, i am instead good at making an inaccurate scumread and tunneling that to oblivion. my strengths as a player lie in trying to teamwork and keep the thread motivated

kiiruma and eskantra are blatantly not w/w due to eskanta not being aware of kiiruma’s presence in this game (or at least representing that, in an imo very believable way)

arctic and leafia are imo not w/w due to one of my first posts, less confident there

looking at this this feels like a blob of text that i feel like more than half of the players either wont read or will just read the part about them and ignore everything else, maybe skim if they’re feeling extra generous

thats not entirely on u, its also on me to make my stuff readable / easily digestible

i will repost my thing, part by part, so its easier to read. sorry for the spam, but its important for me that we (the villagers) aren’t lazy and complacent

1 Like

esk is blatant town; their walls are enormous; they’re extremely literal; claims to be somewhat new to mafia and nobody has disputed that; reads as exceptionally pure. takes a grizzled veteran to fake those walls imo and esk is not that

note: i am relying on my fellow players to alert me if esk is not relatively new to mafia. which seems to be catbae arctic bystander and luka, as esk seems to have played some MU games. the onus is on you to let me know if im wrong, or if theres any relevat information about esk that the entire table is missing

arctic is town, admittedly i havent seen his wolf game but he has been obvious town every game ive played with him, i talk to him almost every day so id like to think i can understand him very well. the desire to improve game quality read as genuine to me, the ways he went about it felt like town to me, the effort that he put into it specifically. could save himself some effort if wolf and just claim to desire to do the thing but he went above and beyond; for early d1 its satisfactory for me to town him

thunderstorm i think is blatantly in her wolf meta; she does nothing but hellbuss as mafia which implicates bystander here if thunderstorm mafia; she is rigid / stubborn and repeats the same things in a loud and somewhat abrasive tone until villagers just listen and then she just wins. as town she (always?) gets suspected and mischopped, never as mafia. i am also 0/9 in my accuracy streak of reading her, which is why ive decided to have the genius idea to reverse my read on her and see if thats the way to adapt my perception of her to try to coexist with her

Very well

1 Like

zone loves his role, its like that sloth from ice age chasing the acorn or gollum chasing the one ring; he loves having a fancy role that he tactically uses to strategically influence the battlefield and defeat the wolves with precision strikes of his night actions. thats my understanding of why zone enjoys playing mafia; his focus on this as his opener to the game reads as expected town zone behavior

disclaimer: i havent seen zone as mafia. there is nothing in theory stopping him from being able to perfectly replicate his town meta as mafia. i think somebody warned me of this earlier i forgot who. so i am relying on my fellow old school FoLers here - arctic, jarek, leafia, frostwolf, kiiruma - to let me know if this is wrong. the onus is on you to adjust the thread’s inaccurate reads on zone

leafia loves being this gif:

FwYFEt6

or this one:

tenor

the most important thing for leafia in mafia is outing information about her role, from my understanding. its like a fun mini-game for her akin to the enjoyment speedrunners derive from beating games quick. she enjoys having this secret thingy that shes supposed to keep secret but she cant contain herself from telling her friends that she loves so much, she just wants all of them to join on on the fun. so her natural behavior is what she has exhibited so far

disclaimer: im actually not sure but i think ive also not seen leafia mafia. ive seen her maybe once - in fam3, almost a year ago. so im not too confident, but so far she is representing a standard leafia town game fmpov

bystander - i am relying on arctic townreading her, and relying on my read that she’s aligned with luka (whatever that alignment may be). the onus falls on the MUers here to not let wolf!bystander win, in my opinion and suggestion/invitation

i have no read on the other people, most of them are players i find hard/impossible to read, catbae maybe i can try later, frostwolf i think is actually kind of easy to read but he needs time to rev up. as i said earlier i avoid scumreads early on as im not good at leading town to a wolf chop, i am instead good at making an inaccurate scumread and tunneling that to oblivion. my strengths as a player lie in trying to teamwork and keep the thread motivated

kiiruma and eskantra are blatantly not w/w due to eskanta not being aware of kiiruma’s presence in this game (or at least representing that, in an imo very believable way)

arctic and leafia are imo not w/w due to one of my first posts, less confident there
[/quote]

i think that we are doing good so far gang. i dont mean to take away from anyone’s fun as i myself like to partake in a little trolling and tomfoolery, but i would appreciate greatly if we can write less posts that are just a few words (with terrible grammar), and instead do fewer but more substantial posts, ideally with better grammar. i dont like punctuation but at least try to spell properly, please. it makes it so much easier to read. maybe im the only one, if so - this is a personal request to please do this for me, i would be much more motivated to play if i dont need go wade through mud; wading through mud is how it feels to read a decent chunk of posts here

other than that lets just try our best and keep calm

1 Like

one thing thing that i regret is maybe obvtowning too hard as i kind of dont want to paint a target on my head. i would like to survive for a couple of nights. (this is a subtle request to ask any protective roles to please consider protecting me, should you find me as town)

FWIW Luka scumread me because I also focused on my role as mafia as well in Vampire Masuerades. (Pretty sure another player also townread me for focusing on mech though. Arctic?)

frostwolf is an alignment in this game, idk which

for anyone unfamiliar with the flavor here’s a video to help you learn about d&d

You mean, you can’t determine from my posts?

Leafia sounds like they are lying and a neutral or worse role

i honestly have like nothing to say about new posts

other than i’m realizing i can’t read a lot of people here

oh yeah i was playing on the account north polarized

this guy

i was also merengue in the animal crossing anon game

you seem to think that “not finding someone towny” means they are scum and “not finding someone wolfy” means they are town

the proof was referring to me finding that luka’s reason to scumread bystander was wrong, because i found a number of quotes (which i have posted) from games where she did what he was accusing her of doing as scum as town too

this wasn’t to say i townread her at the time, but i do now. at the time, it was me disproving a scumread on her rather than townreading her