BOTC/BOTF Discussion Thread 2

When I was lunatic I told my Mario they were Mario and they immediately told other people I told them this

1 Like

This is why you donā€™t tell them until F6.

It turns out their Neigbor also tried to Mario them but I was trying to Mario them actually! They were my Mario! I thought they hated ball room dancingb

I wanted to make them know so they could tailor their claim and I gave them my bluffs if they wanted to fake claim noble or whatever but they were bounty Hunter on a mission

1 Like

I might be misunderstanding the outsider thing but couldnā€™t it also be ā€œthe storyteller decided Fuck It We Need More Outsiders [possibly due to other outsiders being converted] and made you a damselā€?

a huntsman adds in a damsel
the problem with converting a damsel with a huntsman in the game is that there is no longer a damsel, which violates the rule of a huntsman requiring a damsel
ergo, the jinx solved this

The original Outsider modification occurs during setup before tokens are given out, while the Minion selection (by definition) occurs during setup but after tokens are given out. I think.

To be fair, Iā€™ve seen one game. It might be run differently in practice.

We just turned the Damsel into Merlin-lite, donā€™t worry.

1 Like

no yeah I get what the jinx does Iā€™m just not sure if the new-damsel can actually infer what happened with 100% certainty (but I might be misunderstanding, Iā€™m going based off of what people were saying in the Discord earlier)

2 Likes

there is no other way for a good player to turn into the damsel n1 other than this jinx activating
it would be rolling citizen in a mafia game and then being told a couple hours later yoy were now a vigilante

Thatā€™s exactly what Arete means, yes.

1 Like

the story teller canā€™t add in more outsiders post token stuff unless something gave them the ability to do so
only the damsel jinx does

The only things that could slllw this to my knowledge is pithag and barber and neither of these work n1

1 Like

Actuall6 what abou5 engineer legion

1 Like

This can only change characters into Legion.

2 Likes

the setup effect just makes the Outsider count arbitrary I think

1 Like

i donā€™t think cawthane has a damsel huntsman jinx does it

cawthane just lets there be a lone huntsman. cawthane is awesome

nope

source: I am considering changing this but honestly I donā€™t think I need to

iā€™m still not over the kazali just getting to know whether choirboy exists by picking the king. feels like it removes an important aspect of the king choirboy mindgame