BOTC/BOTF Discussion Thread 2

I removed the demon registers as good due to magnus suggestion, mg main concern was 3 good people but Magnus talked about Hui Jing and Misama exist

I was thinking that pixie could choose to just keep the information to themselves or be public facing in that role’s steed, while Firebrander could try to make up stuff. I thought firebrander was a good fit for a Fearmonger thing + it learned powerful info but I can try to find a better one

Replaced Pixie with Noble
Replaced Firebrand with Astronomer

as for actual issues…

Getting a wincon for the Obscrul sounds like itll just be obnoxious. Either it’s too easy to guess and the Archivist throws them out a window or its too hard to guess and no one knows about the arbitrary wincon.
Chambermaid is overpowered. Everyone who doesn’t wake past N1 is known to not be the Demon.
Gossiper… I’ve seen similar concepts before. Hell, the Tycoon (an unreleased character) is extremely similar. But uhm… usually they’ve got a balancing factor to them that isn’t just misinfo.
Sleepwalker doesn’t like this role setup. Not enough roles make meaningful choices to make it not a bootleg drunk, and Sleepwalker Amnesiac is a nightmare waiting to happen.

This is more a tangent but Alchemist feels weird to me here. Miasma and Fearmonger work, but Cerenovus is just ehhhh and Huli Jing is quite strong

2 Likes

context

Tycoon (Townsfolk) - 1 player who you have shaken hands with might be drunk. Each night*, learn if you shook hands with an evil player yesterday.

2 Likes

Don’t forgot Misama is on this script, which can fuck with Arcvhist. I agree it’s probably hard but that’s why I have magnus

I agree with the other stuff

Hmmm

I’m going to drive home then I’ll work on those issues

Technically not quite so, considering the Obscrul on the setup, but that’s fair.
I forgot Au’Wre and Ketos woke up.

is Mutant and Occultist redundant

occultist kinda has to lie under threat of ketos

hmm…

probably
I wanted to put goon in as I thought it would be a good fit but it doesn’t play nice with ketos

I also didn’t want too many custom charavters

goon probably screws au’wre over more than it helps as well so ye

2 Likes

i mean if you want your fix of hidey outsider then damsel is available

2 Likes

I didn’t want evils to have too many alt win cons

rn they have fear monger + demon looming threat of doom

well i dont think any other outsider has a particularly vested interest in hiding since the on death outsiders and heretic don’t have their biggest fears

2 Likes

oh right i forgot politician exists

1 Like

wait that ketos interaction is hilarious, everyone bluffs politician to it :sob:

1 Like