BOTC/BOTF Discussion Thread 2

Plus the interaction would mean that players would first have to realise how to make the interaction happen, then they’d have to put it into practice.

I’ve made a script using ici’s bootleg thing
[

Summary
Possible Townsfolk Characters
Astronomer Once per game, during the day, visit the Storyteller to privately learn why they made a decision, but not what it was.
Spice Trader Each night*, learn how many evil players voted today. If you would learn a 0, you become drunk.
Seamstress Once per game, at night, choose 2 players (not yourself): you learn if they are the same alignment.
High Priestess Each night, learn which player the Storyteller believes you should talk to most.
Alchemist You have a not-in-play Minion ability.
Amnesiac You do not know what your ability is. Each day, privately guess what it is: you learn how accurate you are.
Sliversmith On the final day, you decide who is executed (everyone learns this). If you die at night, another player might die instead.
Savant Each day, you may visit the Storyteller to learn 2 things in private: 1 is true & 1 is false.
Archivist Each day, you may visit the Storyteller & privately ask a yes/no question about the Demon’s ability.
Cannibal You have the ability of the recently killed executee. If they are evil, you are poisoned until a good player dies by execution
Fisherman Once per game, during the day, visit the Storyteller for some advice to help your team win
Noble You start knowing 3 players, 1 and only 1 of which is evil.
Grandmaster Once per game, visit the Storyteller to privately learn who your most important ally is, but not why they’re important.
Possible Outsider Characters
Damsel All Minions know you are in play. If a Minion publicly guesses you (once), your team loses.
Occultist You might be executed unless you are mad about learning something new every day. Once per game, when you visit the Storyteller, you learn a fact.
Drunk You do not know you are the Drunk. You think you are a Townsfolk character, but you are not.
Recluse You might register as evil & as a Minion or Demon, even if dead.
Possible Minion Characters
Miasma Once per game, at night, choose that all Townsfolk are poisoned & get false information until dusk.
Fearmonger Each night, choose a player: if you nominate & execute them, their team loses. All players know if you choose a new player.
Ceronovus Each night, choose a player & a good character: they are “mad” they are this character tomorrow, or might be executed
Huli Jing You start knowing 5 out-of-play characters. Each night, choose 1 of them: until dusk, gain its’ ability & you might register as it would.
Possible Demon Characters
Au’ Wre Each night*, guess your Minions: learn which are correct. If all are, good learns this, and must kill evil today or lose. [Evil don’t learn each other]
Obscrul Only you know what your ability is. Once per game, the Archivist may publicly guess it: if right, you die. [+the Archivist]
Ketos After the 6th day, everyone else dies. Each night*, guess a player & a good character: if right, the end comes one day sooner.

You had one job

3 Likes

Spice trader seems way too powerful on this script even with recluse but

I feel like every demon is a reason to not instantly claim?

In this script obscuk would have an alt win con

I could make up a townsfolk acfually on my own and replace it with the spice hood on

litten curating 4 of the most cracked minions to give the alchemist

1 Like

Is this a good townafolk?

if evil result then don’t execute, obviously not the demon :+1:

1 Like

I think they are fine with story teller discretion, and I always have magnus to nag me. If I run this script they will nag me

tbf alch fearmonger isn’t that good. but the other three

It’s fun to be alchemist on this script

Is the script fine

there aren’t very many good character options for the huli jing

Information is pretty good for Hui Jing esp in a Ketos/Obscrul/Au game where evil wins by completing their alt win con

pixie and firebrand seem a little too public facing to mesh well with ketos

just be subtle (:

occultist might also not mesh super well but they can be creative

occultist is fine they just have to lie a bit harder

1 Like