BotF Lizards - Thread 1 Archive

Brak, if somebody said this to you, you’d be in tears about how toxic it was

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s actually toxic but it’s frustrating to see you consistently act like this toward other people when you apparently can’t take it yourself

3 Likes

I’m criticising someone’s logic not sending them death threats

Attacking Someone’s argument vs Attacking the person are very different

I’m not gonna argue this and it was unwise of me to make the initial comment. Pleas don’t conflate calls for your in-game execution with death threats. Death threats are what I send to Hazzy (love you Hazzy)

4 Likes

Anyway uhhh Magnus is super convinced Litten is evil and I don’t think he is

1 Like

I’m using the word correctly. If it was irl death threats then I would say “irl death threats”

“irl death treats”

1 Like

The comparison to the Serpent and the Swordsman is noted, but the main different between my suspicions in this game and your reads in that game were that Otter and Baker were screwed over by bad info and weak roles, and their credibility was too poor for them to really climb back up when the real evil time was throwing the gauntlet down onto them. Their slots were socially pure, as you found out once you gave them both a chance for a moment, but the opportunity was squandered. Even then, near the end you and Atlas still felt like something was wrong, there were too many suspicious players alive and not enough room to fit them together in your worldview.

Whereas in this game, the only person whose reads have really influenced my own is Brakuren, and that was only for the Someone slot at first, while I shifted his focus on your own slot during the first day. There were too few slots that made sense as suspects, rather than too many, which led us to focus on different pools of players. The comparison I made to Assassination Classroom felt apt for that reason, because the players on the chopping block (with whom I include Marluna) feel unwarranted and blameless.

Never once did I claim that. I in fact have been showing why I think social reads are really important, in particular the ability to re-evaualte and readjust. You need to work on your argument skills if you need to resort to constantly strawmanning the person you are speaking to.

But in-game death threats are not wrong to make? Death threats are the core mechanic of the game? I said I wouldn’t argue this I should stop

Magnus feels more reasonable but also keeps feeling like they’re making bids for my mind. The Revolutionary masons thing is interesting and if Magnus and Brakuren are confirming each other I’d probably accept that unless we have strong evidence toward the contrary. Fucking with such setup abilities is weird

I’m invoking the may noble defense

What’s that nya

important to keep in mind apparentlt hosts make sure things are reviewed and fun and I think a bastard pair would be unfun

1 Like

Where I’m the noble (investigative role) and people think I’m evil and I’m just going to start posting and pushing people and people are gonna say that doesn’t work for xyz reasons

No other teams feel as cohesive, related and uncharacteristically antitown as the one I have. Barring Otter, who is the one “shrug suspicion” I’ve allowed myself, rather than four.

1 Like

So the May Noble defence is ignoring that you’re being suspected?

It’s fine in small doses

no thats the may may noble defense

1 Like

I’m very confused