BotF Lizards - Thread 1 Archive

The one thing that concerns me is that there is a world where Someone’s telling the truth. In that world we have an evil dead in Bionic and the reason that evil is doing so well (Based on general info) is because my misregistration is letting me interact with Someone when usually Someone would be immune to it.

I honestly just think Someone is evil and the behaviour is consistant with a minion who’s been flailing. However, I believe that solving for all possibilities is important. And there is a possibility where Someone has been saying the truth, though it is miniscule. And I’d have to have been under the Recluse’s effect for that to work.

*N2+ (Since N1 I don’t have an ability, as everyone would be able to confirm. But still)

To be granted, it would justify the Outsider count in the world that Someone was good and you’d misregistered due to your own ability. My issue with that scenario is that the storytellers gave no indication that your ability could cause misregistration, with the closest warning being that a Harlot learns about characters so it could happen that it’s screwed up, but the Leafia kill (assuming it’s from your ability) feels so much more signalled.

It’s possible I’m having 1 learned + 1 unleaned consequence every night.
Plus something can happen to someone who’s involved in my ability.

N2:
Learned - Anti-Whisper ability
Unlearned - Recluse ability?
Involved - Leafia died?

N3:
Learned - Anti-Nominations ability
Unleaned - Recluse ability again??
Involved - Someone’s ability to be untargetable by players opposite to their alignment turned off for 1 day?

I think Recluse is a good balancing mechanism, so that’s why I’m not 100% ruling out Someone being good.

We have Derps who’s claiming general who cares about which team is winning and gains extra abilities too. Someone who’s claiming Vizier and is untargetable by players opposite to their alignment.

Both of these abilities do get messed around via misregistration. Heck I could’ve even gained Spy-like misregistration to harm Leafia’s ability if Leafia had stayed around for longer. So the fact that I seem to be the only outsider for days and misregistration possibilities are pretty decent… then yeah I can see them being good

Someone claimed this ability was part of their rolecard, and so it would be redundant for this to happen alongside the “misregistration” issue.

There’s not really any evidence to support you having the Recluse ability yesterday, so I think it’s fine to just encompass “unlearned consequence” as its own thing which may or may not involve other players.

Yeah it’s rough, I mean I’d lean on Someone being evil about 80% but the world in which ya boy’s been misregistering is possible.

1 Like

The oddity here is that Someone’s pleading immunity to all mechanical effects directed at them by players on the opposite alignment. (Which doesn’t quite track with the Sailor/Lleech scenario, but it’s a way to argue vulnerability to indirect registration so it’s fine).

They’re claiming that they were turned evil from Bionic’s execution due to their own ability, and then it was shut off by Kiiruma. My understanding of Someone’s claimed immunity is that it’s immune to direct effects, whether it’s from an active or passive passive ability (or as passive as a Mezepheles turn gets, with no “action submissions”). Ergo, wouldn’t it be immune to misregistration from Kiiruma’s ability as it is directly targeting them, rather than being via proxy?

Misregistration from my ability makes me show as evil, and then I’m able to target Someone.

But wouldn’t they already be “immune” to that misregistration at the moment you tried to select them in that scenario?

I don’t think so? But it’s tenuous

Have a good night, probably. May never responded so that whisper’ll have to happen early morning.

/end @Atlas (1/3)

@tutuu Can we have a talk

1 Like

@May Actually can we 2 at a cost of 1 if you want

Tutu and May do you want to all of us 3 whisper very mischeviously in regards to the state of affairs

I hope your very long five hour whisper was productive.

1 Like

Come to think about it

@Marluna want to go too? Considering what you told me about your role…

I hope we 4 can enjoy this grandioase tea party it sounds like such a funny idea