BOTF XXV: Extension Cord Game Over

well im not the demon, you can execute me to prove it if you want

Why can’t it be an unrelated +1 without a Marionette?

Hm… Well, Magnus contacted me ASAP and told me he was not the Demon, and -after chatting for a while- he did correctly presume that I was not the Demon.

So, if you’re not the Demon, then I really am a Sentinel Recluse, and “someone else” is the Demon. Whoever that may be.

Oh right, you said that. Nevermind.

I am not saying that is impossible. I am saying that–
Hang on, wdym “unrelated +1”?

I’ve had Zone marked as the Boomdandy since our first chat at the beginning of the game, he’s not the Demon.

What the Sentinel does is alter the distribution of Townsfolk and Outsiders by one in each direction.
As the Recluse, you’re claiming that there are four Townsfolk (two of which are poisoned), one Outsider, one Minion and one Demon.

Yeah. That’s what I’m claiming.

It means the Marionette could neighbour you instead and not the Demon from your claim.
Why didn’t you give Recluse in your three?

1. I didn’t realize that Sentinel was a thing until I double-checked the first couple of posts, saying that Djinn and Sentinel were in the game.
  2. Someone didn’t contact me for whatever reason, so my first thought was: “Ah. I am the Marionette who thinks I’m a Recluse. Well this sucks. Why has Someone not contacted me yet? Oh ****, Magnus is whispering me and wants my info. What should I -as a Marionette- do? LIE OF COURSE.”

That seems pretty reasonable

But I’m also your neighbour. I could be lying as the Demon for all you know. I have gone on record saying that I believe the strength of the Marionette lies within not knowing they’re a Minion until it’s important.

Magnus, I don’t know you very well, but the idea of “to deceive your enemies, you have to deceive your allies first” is a stupid concept to me -and me in particular- because I don’t work well with falsehoods. To me, “if you don’t tell me the truth immediately, then you’re lying for the rest of the game.” First impressions matter a lot each game, because I forget everything each game.

It’s an odd philosophy to parse with the fact that you started this game trying to deceive me in turn without evidence that you were evil. We discussed the Sentinel in our whisper, so you presumably knew the fabled existed even back then.

I only talked about Sentinel the moment I realized it was in the game. Prior to that part of the discussion, I thought I was Marionette who didn’t get whispered by the Demon for whatever reason.

If your first impression of me has been ruined because I lied, then so be it. I can’t change it, and I don’t plan to change it either. However, I am merely stating my situation and my perceived reality: Considering Someone never contacted me at all, I believe that I really am the Sentinel Recluse.

Noted. That’s unfortunate.

I suppose Bionic / Someone is my leading world, in the case that you’re being honest. With the former as a more likely Demon candidate, looking at voting patterns. I’d be happy if the Demon attacks me in the case that the game continues, it’s more helpful than not.

I won’t be advocating for Zone’s execution now, and he’s an unpoisoned Outsider so the Demon effectively has to murder him now to avoid giving away their own position or directing a suboptimal kill.

Oh yeah. I never actually tried to gather information, huh?
Why was Bionic– Oh, right. Forgot about that.

I guess we go after him first then?

Correct, Bionic is a likely demon candidate.
This is a risk on my part, since I’m a neighbour, I’m a very viable marionette candidate unfortunately.

1 Like

But YOLO

1 Like