BOTF XXVI: LIZARDS - EVIL WINS

doesnt need to be a huge one

200 per day for example

3 Likes

I had no faith you wouldnt leak that

1 Like

And I woulda been right to

1 Like

200 per day is manageable I just thought maybe I’ll win a botc game if I posted more and put more effort into it and I thought people would think I was ovvuous town (they did not think this)

2 Likes

even with whisper limit. postcap just makes each whisper that much more impactful. which counterintuitive puts more pressure on evils, since now they have to justify each and every one of their whispers even more

1 Like

I was tempted, but like I intentionally gave a fakeclaim to Marluna since I didnt trust her to not leak and I was right

1 Like

If I told anyone I was good, it would all go into the gutter

I’m not going to say that claiming evil as Good can never work (it was arguably a contributing factor to Good winning the very first BotF on FoL!) but I think it is clearly a very risky play, and that it having side effects like “good-aligned players think that you are evil” is a very predictable outcome

4 Likes

like unless you put a cap on how many posts can happen in each whisper (which seems like it just kills the ethos of botf as a whole) the high volume posters are still gonna high volume post. you’ll just be left out

1 Like

also another side effect of “good aligned players may claim evil to you”

3 Likes

There was 10x less risk in my situation tho, like I was dying regardless

/w 5 im audi

1 Like

“it could get you killed” is one of the risks but not the only risk, especially in a flipless game where dead players can still participate

4 Likes

I saw very little downside, especially considering I had good odds since I thought I knew an evil player

If I got the evil info, it was a finished game, and I had to fakeclaim to avoid being night killed

I could never claim my real role there, or I die

1 Like

So if I need to lie regardless, why not go all the way

I don’t think you get the point

It’s a flipless game so if your plan doesn’t work then everyone just has you as evil and that messes up people’s ability to get the actual solve

4 Likes

why doesn’t mutant just claim goon every game? are they stupid?

1 Like

It doesnt matter if you think im evil, it matters if you think im a minion