BOTF XXVI: LIZARDS - EVIL WINS

Who needs a role ANYWAYS

1 Like

Yeah that is actually so insanely garbage

concision is gold in botc but i understand that with closed botc it matters a lot less (and thats one of my mistakes)
i trimmed down the roles as much as i could cuz i didnt want complexity bloat mostly. that was what i was trying to avoid by making everything concise

Snowe I tihnk said was an accident by not adding a specific clause in.

atlas’ role wouldve been better as a huntsman but i really couldnt come up with any good ideas that had to do with atlas hiding from someone themselves, without being too underpowered or not-fun
so i went with the thematic idea of atlas being like a minion in a damsel game instead because i had an idea that kinda worked for that

I mean that doesnt matter lmao

Yeah I just lost all faith in the ST’s making a balanced game lmao

anyways sorry if this game sucked if theres a next time i have a few pointers to take away for doing it better

2 Likes

Well live and learn, lizards aren’t always easy to design. I don’t like the direction that this game went myself. But I think it will be better next time around.

1 Like

i think im a relatively good ST and designer but being relatively good doesnt cut it for lizards, basically

you hafta be really good at evaluating roles without being able to playtest them

even though we lost I still think it was fine

which again i think im relatively good at but im not phenomenal and there were a lot of mistakes that were squarely on my end that i made due to lack of time or lack of skill mostly

Dude even if there was [-1 Minion] that is a busted role

That is so so busted you got no clue

I am aware
The hosts would have got fixed it if it became an issue

Lizards works on 2 poles. You can either make it way too stale by not looking at game synergy and making it rely too much on the social deduction or you can make it have too much craze over abilities that might end the game too quickly (see our edition of throne of lies)

2 Likes

It already was an issue lmao

1 Like

should have been a once per game ability at the most

again i believe kiiruma’s ability was quite balanced if he didn’t claim it
which i think is a sign that it was balanced if you thought he mightve been lying

1 Like