BOTF XXVI: LIZARDS - EVIL WINS

its a minion ability and as long as the relative value of the incentives are in the right order i dont think it breaks the role

1 Like

I read it as ally/ally, put everything down in my notes as such, and the only time anybody ever made any kind of correction whatsoever was when Marissa told me Brakuren had actually betrayed

thats fair

Yeah that was the phrasing that was odd

1 Like

Everybody else just saw me with incorrect information and didn’t give a shit I guess

It would’ve been really really funny how we would’ve just won the game if we executed Amelia because of saint

1 Like

Though I feel that’s kind of REALLY REALLY bad as a design choise

1 Like

No matter the amount of effort you put in to these games you will always lose if you lack judgement and attention to detail

2 Likes

Ah wait nevermind that was cleared up, though. :see_no_evil:

Watch out to not accidentally add quick failure things, it might slip

If you put a bunch of effort into solving different worlds but still make fundamental bad assumptions you may as well have done nothing at all

the phrasing was because
let me pull up kii’s ability

“Each night*, choose two players (they learn who). If both agree, both are poisoned. If one agrees, they and you learn the other’s mutation character and the other dies.”

if we wrote it the other way then itd have to be “if neither agree” which… admittedly idk why i thought that was astronomically longer but in my defence i was writing a lot of these abilities in a short time

2 Likes

Admittedly it takes me kind of alot of come with fresh roles

basically i may be qualified to design non-upicks but upicks are hard to make everything work right and i think we did a decent job but there were definitely foibles that arose due to lakc of proofreading

1 Like

Omg bruh

I appreciate that you took creative liberties to make the roles look fresh

1 Like

Wow yeah there was 0 chance good ever won this lmao

may’s role was designed to be funny we really shouldve at least checked the balance before throwing it into the game lmao

1 Like

I think conciseness is vastly overrated in mafia and you should ~never make cuts that significantly sacrifice clarity for conciseness

Permanant double poisoner with no downsides :ghost:

1 Like

In part of the lizard guide it says to take creative liberties, though you should always not make the role go too off-path from the original concept. Which I thought was the case with Atlas (oops, she died).