Cookie Thread Act 1: A Cookie in Time

listen i adore gunther but he was not, strictly speaking, “good”, he just didn’t walk people after we got him past 0 stars

1 Like

yea basically what may said is accurate
they had to try and make the game both Fun To Watch, Not Completely Destroy The Lives Of The People Working On It, and Make Money
it could never do all three

1 Like

even in Blaseball’s golden era, it was just Really fun to watch but destroyed the lives of the people working on it and basically just barely broke even from sponsorships that were mostly just bits

1 Like

Blaseball was a Thing which Happened that we still haven’t fully processed. it was fucking cool as hell though, like, genuinely, it has shaped a huge amount of how i look at metanarrative and absurdist humour.

i still think about Jacob Haynes

1 Like

blaseball had two vibes, which was the very cool and tragic emergent narrative of the failing relationship between Cornelius Games and Richardson Games, and the utter shitpost that was the emergent narrative of the failing relationship between Cornelius and Ricahrdson Games

2 Likes

Jacob Haynes Facts…

Okay from our perspective Jacob Haynes Facts was even funnier than from the outside because osme people were REALLY mad about the trade. Like people from OUTSIDE the team came in talking about how trading for one of our OGs was Morally Wrong and they would help us get Revenge on the Mints etc etc et al and we heard nothing from the Mints at all until we hesitantly reached out and learned they fucking loved him. Jacob Haynes Facts

oh yeah but that’s just sports fan things
it’s not a proper trade if it doesn’t make Everyone mad

1 Like

True!!!

1 Like

:older_adult:

1 Like

i can’t say i relate though since for the thieves, we almost never lost anything big to trades, it was All feedbacks and silly bullshit

There was this one guy on the fucking Spies who would NOT stop trying to start discourse in our channels about it. You’re on the Spies fuck off

2 Likes

we did get really mad about Herring Winfield before we realised that we had not, in fact, traded them for Jessica Telephone, but for Conner Haley, because the Steaks also wimdied a terrible trade for JTel

my bird just heard a hoover next door and is freaking out. i think he thought it was a seagull

big news for the tinnitus fandom

oh and we tried really hard to get Howell back before we realised it would take multi-team co-ordination and you’d have to be insane to let go of Howell Franklin, one of the best players in the game

that willingness to do multi-team co-ordinated trades did lead us making the first ever trade that both teams actually agreed to in blaseball history, though

Shoutout to Kranch for Jaylen which I was so mad about that I put in votes to alt trust Jaylen. Which everyone else got really amd about and I had to pretend I didn’t do it. And then she sucked ass cause she couldn’t stop gorunding into double plays and I got so mad about that that I went and solved Tragicness which nobody cared about because the world was exploding

It’s not like we didn’t all suspect from the pun that Tragicness was double plays but I was the first to prove it