Cookie Thread Act 1: A Cookie in Time

It is written. Jarek will have the next cookie.

omfg thereā€™s another cookie im gonna get it this time youā€™d best believe it

1 Like

i lost

Just finished a Champs practice game. It was incredible.

I came into the very last day, F3, pretty confident I knew who the wolf was; someone who had been suspected all game, someone who was in all the dead villagerā€™s legacies, just an obvious target. An extremely easy decision. I paid lip service to the idea of re-evaluating everyone the previous day, and found the other surviving player to be satisfyingly town. I thought I knew exactly who I was going to vote.

The day started at like, 7PM, so I posted a little bit and then went to sleep (I say, like I didnā€™t go to bed at 2AM). That night, I had a dream that I was wrong, that I voted for the ā€œobvious wolfā€ and lost. I usually donā€™t dream about mafia games.

When I woke up, after thinking about it for a while, I decided I was still going to vote the player I came into the day suspecting. (ā€¦ mostly out of exhaustion, honestly, I wanted the game to be over and got lazy about it), andā€¦ my fucking dream came true. I saw exactly what was going to happen, that the ā€œobvious wolfā€ would flip town and Iā€™d lose, and I chose to do it anyway.

Narratively incredible. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever felt more like a protagonist. I am my own Cassandra.

1 Like

This is the best lesson and/or takeaway one can ever get from a mafia game, I think. ā€œAll your dreams are visions, May. You can see the future. Never doubt yourself on this.ā€ Iā€™m choosing to believe thatā€™s what I should take away from the game. Iā€™m going to go have more prophetic dreams I think

(I donā€™t even genuinely believe in dreams as prophecies, only as indicators of subconscious stressorsā€¦ but my subconscious was clearly more stressed about that decision than it shouldā€™ve been if I was genuinely that confident in who the wolf was. However, itā€™s so much funnier to call it a vision of the future.)

Itā€™s not only stressors. You can also have a good time dreaming.

Also every single dream sign means something, you just need to find out by association.

1 Like

Wait you can? Someone tell my brain this shit

1 Like

I thought the protagonist was supposed to win.

2 Likes

I had one where I kinda pushed someone down the stairs with a gun in hand
Mustā€™ve been telling me to host my game soon :innocent::popcorn::popcorn:

2 Likes

When I say kinda I mean it was definitely on purpose :innocent:

1 Like

Who did you push?

Someone I know
I would definitely not murder them though :grimacing:

Are they on this site?

Nah
Youā€™re safe

1 Like

You donā€™t dream of eating big macs with Obama McDonald while you beg him to not extradite you to the Federal States of Brazil?

I didnā€™t think it was me. Were they on this site?

1 Like

:scream::scream:
How did you find out?

2 Likes

I think I just donā€™t really remember my non-stressful dreams for long after I wake up. I donā€™t have a stressful dream every night, but I know I dream most nights, soā€¦ thatā€™s the only conclusion, really. Bad things are more memorable than good things.

2 Likes