Cookie Thread Act 1: A Cookie in Time

before I reworked everything

1 Like

the one where every rolecard has way too much shit

1 Like

happy Alkanet Day

1 Like

Donā€™t let one bad game get you down
Iā€™m literally the worst reviewer track record-wise but Iā€™m a respected setup designer and reviewer somehow

1 Like

My read of you is that you arenā€™t interested in that kinda thing in general tho

1 Like

You lack crackhead energy

1 Like

Setup Design Take:

making an open setup should never start out with the goal of making a ā€˜reasonably balanced gameā€™. You should almost always start with an initial idea and figure out how to cram that into a setup. This is how you get the weird fiery opens which donā€™t have any right slapping as hard as they do

2 Likes

sorc17
short fuse
paint mafia
and countless others

1 Like

most ā€˜reasonably balanced gamesā€™ starts end up coming out half-baked.
either you design THE ONE or you design a setup that gets levied endless chagrin for being off

2 Likes

also how do you even make a game when your start point is ā€˜I want to make a game that is reasonably balancedā€™
where do you go from there?

Iā€™ll tell you

stuff pile setups where you include some standard roles and just hope that the modet you gave town doesnā€™t just brick your game by peeking a mafia on n2

oh wait
joat^2 lmao

2 Likes

if you wanted those slots to be there as confirmed town and to not do anything just make them named townies

1 Like

goddamn I have an issue lmao

1 Like

Issue of skill

1 Like

Thing I like
Immediately starts going into analysis mode and tearing everything apart

1 Like

I am shooketh that champs hasnā€™t yielded literally any results from the inquiry of ā€˜what is the most skill testing setupā€™

2 Likes

angry 17

2 Likes

My view is that the most skill-testing setup already exists and has been run a lot (itā€™s this witch-based setup icr the name) but MUer bias toward minimal role power prevents the actual most skill-based setups from popping up

2 Likes

mad17 is pretty nice
very sad it got so much shade

2 Likes

Witch hunt?

1 Like

Chair of Deception is the most skill-testing setup because it allows players to be ā€œconverted,ā€ giving them the chance to demonstrate skill as multiple alignments

3 Likes