Cookie Thread Act 1: A Cookie in Time

3 Likes

congratulations Jane

@Chloe will get you your cookie shortly

(disclaimer: future cookies are for bragging rights only)

4 Likes

if it is being used for the purposes of art then Iā€™m fine with it, but it primarily isnā€™t being used for that purpose and the tools that would make it more feasible to use for art (say, an actually good means of figuring out what exactly a neural netā€™'s algorithm is rather than just experimenting, so it can be tweaked) and better protections for plagiarism of existing art is also something that would probably be needed

because i think that while neural nets as a technique are valid, itā€™s falling into a false syllogism

we donā€™t understand consciousness, the process that goes on behind the eyes, right? so we made neural networking technology, and it produces results that we donā€™t understand the processes behind, and people are starting to think that because we donā€™t understand it it must be consciousness

but that doesnā€™t actually follow? i think itā€™s just a process we donā€™t understand, and worse, not even one weā€™re incapable of understanding but rather one weā€™re unwilling to understand because we want to believe in the fairytale that itā€™s thinking

just because we donā€™t understand the process of consciousness doesnā€™t mean that any process we donā€™t understand must be consciousness, or even anything approaching it? in short, the technology itself is like, fine, but the way itā€™s being used and the conversation around it is bad and thatā€™s why I really donā€™t like ā€œAI artā€

1 Like

also ai art mostly looks like, terrible to me, but thatā€™s an aesthetic judgement. rant over i hope someone got something out of that

3 Likes

Sadly I am not as cultured as you on this subject, but it does look fun

All of your cookies are belong to me

2 Likes

Will you be here 3 months from now to get a second cookie?

2 Likes

Sadly AI Dungeon gotā€¦ bad

You have to pay to play now

i see eliza woke up

2 Likes

I saw the same thing

1 Like

to be honest I think I expect that the town winrate on BotF would in fact go up if people focused more on ~social reads~ and less on mechanics

yes I realize itā€™s literally a game about mechanics :joy_cat:

in the very first BotF, town got to final 3 with a mechcleared player, voted out the mechclear player for social reasons, and won

4 Likes

I think for specifically that game

If we went off social I still donā€™t think we get kiiruma :wowee:

2 Likes

Kiiruma is way too good at deep wolfing, apparently

3 Likes

He usually gets myslynched aswell IIRC

1 Like

news flash: wolf good at wolfing

more at 12

6 Likes

BotC is a goated shortform game that completely collapses when played longform, and I will maintain this opinion.

1 Like