Cookie Thread Act 1: A Cookie in Time

Declaring a follow-up riichi means that you declare riichi after your opponent does. So you have no control over your discards and could deal in to their advanced hand At Any Time. “Making them panic” has no value when by declaring riichi you literally have zero control over your own hand anyway so their emotions are completely irrelevant. I guess it makes the other people at the table omegafold because they think you have something good but if your opponent’s in riichi they’re probably already folding

the idea of mao zedong coming back from hell to play mahjong because someone’s mahjong aura(?) is that powerful is genuine fucking insanity and whoever wrote this script should give me my pills because i think i’ve finally lost it

may has yet to teach me something I do not know

1 Like

may tell beancat about the lake

at this point i genuinely expected you to say astros

i will never understand why everyone is out for them

9 terminals & honours is basically a mulligan, if your starting hand sucks really bad you can just say Redeal the entire hand actually. The only reason one might not want to declare this is to chase the mahjong equivalent of shooting the moon in Hearts for Windows, which is almost always a Bad Idea because it’s super super unlikely. 1 in 2871 wins, says this Reddit post with Tenhou stats

they absolutely shitstomped the yankees after a full week of bragging about how they were gonna take on houston and that was hilarious

@beancat So there’s this lake

1 Like

And it’s shaped as a triangle

because they got definitively caught. imo it’s way funnier to shit on the red sox who almost certainly did the same thing and are much more annoying in general

And it’s shaped like the embodiment of greed

1 Like

I am getting into my mean era it seems
My tiktok feed is just full of alt girl outfit ideas suddenly

and why is this important

Well see around this lake there are three kingdoms, one on each side, all of which desire control of the lake for its valuable natural resources. Like water

And it’s clear that there’s a war upcoming. All the kingdoms raise their armies to try to crush the other sides and win control over the lake

you’ve dug yourself in a rabbit hole you can never escape
see you in 15 minutes

1 Like

The first kingdom doesn’t have much land, being on one of the shorter sides of the lake, but they do have training. Their knights are the most experienced and deadly in the land, and their squires are equally well-trained to do all their squirely duties

im fairly certain I’ve heard this before so I’m just letting may ramble and come back to see if I was correct after working on smth

1 Like

Good luck on your work I’ll be telling this full joke again