Cookie Thread Act 1: A Cookie in Time

no itā€™s
one second

USSR sleep experiment moment

1 Like

"Unbeknownst to him, water containers were attached to the four bedposts and drip buckets set up below. Then after light scratches were made on his four extremities, the fake drip brigade began: First rapidly, then slowly, always loudly. ā€œAs the dripping of water stopped, the healthy young manā€™s heart stopped also. He was dead, having lost not a drop of blood.ā€

in
ā€œThe Lost Art of Healingā€

1 Like

Will Magnus tie me down to a chair and trick me into thinking I am bleeding?

Werewolf conspiracy

well, will you magnus?

well, will i magnus?

Another notable ethic violation research is the Stanford Prison Experiment.

Those with authority (guardsmen) started to torture the prisoners, especially when back then recording couldnā€™t be 24/7 and the monitorization of it was limited during past-time.

And all of them, guards or prisoners they were just university students. The experiment had to be abandonated before it could even be finished.

1 Like

mhm
who hasnā€™t heard of it

Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s actually commonly heard

isnt stanford a really popular school
its also interesting to see what some students will do when coerced into it by their peers to others

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if the popularity of the institution neccessarily makes people also learn of the research.

But yeah, those that were abusive with their powers did just that and those that didnā€™t want to partake in it kept quiet

Hey, Silviu, have you heard of the replication crisis in psychology?

1 Like

Is this related to the phenomenon named folie Ć  deux? Phenomenon where someoneā€™s delusions/hallucinations go into another person?

1 Like

(gets out soapbox)

ā€œin addition to being a research ethics violation the Stanford Prison Experiment included a large amount of straight-up fraudā€

(see https://www.vox.com/2018/6/13/17449118/stanford-prison-experiment-fraud-psychology-replication with links to two more articles that go into more detail)

2 Likes

Getting surreal???

It would appear I have been utterly bamboozled and believe these for way too long.

Not that I know of, no. Itā€™s that the results of a lot of psychology studies (and other fieldsā€™, too, but particularly psychology) have been found to not be reproducible or replicable. Obviously, you canā€™t even try to replicate the Stanford Prison Experiment cause of the ethics issues, but thereā€™s plenty of other famous psychology experiments whose results just donā€™t hold up. I dunno much about psychology myself for specifics, though.

1 Like

May has read the guidelines once again

1 Like