Cookie Thread Act 1: A Cookie in Time

Sometimes I rename channels. Once I changed #wholesomeness to #killing-people-with-hammers for a day or two. And I used to server mute and deafen my friend in VCs but Jana banned us from doing that because it was disruptive and messed with events (Jana is not a moderator he’s just the most reasonable person in the room at all times)

3 Likes

He’s the one who’s had 56 cheeses

1 Like

youre a radical like me… oh my goah

1 Like

if we owned fol nothing would go wrong and everything would be good and nice

2 Likes

Relative to the current ownership I’d be absolutely tyrannical on FoL

1 Like

until that day we have like a 5% chance of being banned each week

2 Likes

WE’D be absolutely tyrannical darling

2 Likes

my brain simultaneously wants complete structure with 0 offshooting from that and random utter chaos. this is why i have 2 april fools events per year

1 Like

I’m just pretty strict about people being mean

1 Like

& generally very loose with the bans

1 Like

I don’t, like, Get banning someone for 2 weeks. Either they’re good and willing to try not to break the rules, in which case a formal warning will achieve all that a ban does, or you don’t want them on your site at all, in which case just ban them foreversies. I suppose it’s differentish in mafia where you are Doing An Activity but. Like

1 Like

I suppooooose it helps things stick in people’s heads a little more? Like there’s an archetype of person where they’re just careless and aren’t gonna stop doing somehting without noticeable consequences, and that’s much more relevant on a mafia site where you can break the rules by doing things that aren’t necessary like. Cruel or real life harmful but just bad for games. Integrity breaches. As opposed to a more purely social space where either someone intends to cause harm or they don’t

1 Like

But outside of mafia shit no I don’t get two week bans.

1 Like

And I don’t get strict policy rules on how long a ban a Given Thing deserves it takes moderation weight off of the moderators but I think that’s a bad thing. And I don’t get Discord server kicks for any non, like, technical bot/spam infractions, a kick is for when somebody posts a link to try out their new game, it literally accomplishes no function in social moderation

1 Like

“We’re removing you but you can come back” Do you want this person in your social space or not

1 Like

i think 2 week bans are useful when someone is semi reasonable but thinks they can get away with alot more than they can. but its a very specific niche that is right on the line. most of the time it doesn’t come into play

1 Like

Like if they come back you just send the signal that they’re unwanted and nothing else. That just makes people more hostile. What is the point. A warning achieves the same thing

1 Like

I guess I just don’t really encounter that. Most people take like one or two formal warnings and then they’re either fine or clearly don’t care

i think alot of people use it out of a more emotional place than a rational one. not that thats a good thing

yeah it doesn’t happen often. very specific genre of person