Cookie Thread Act 2: Silksong

buy it from canada, then no one broke a law

1 Like

exactly

guys what test do i need to take to go to a school in canada
surely not the ACT right

Which exam do I need to take to study in Canada? To pursue studies in Canada, one must have scores of IELTS, TOEFL or PTE . Besides, depending on the course and university, marks from other tests such as SAT, GRE and GMAT may also be required.

what the hell are these acronyms

what the hell is going on over there

1 Like

nvm one of these is literally just an english test

like. a Do You Undersatnd English test

okay from what i can tell these are just tests of how well you know english. i imagine native english speakers are exempt (or if they’re not that they will not be a problem)

1 Like

Graduate Record Exam (GRE)

One of the most prestigious exams in the country is the Graduate Record Examination or GRE. It is a standardized university entrance exam that is required for admission to many graduate institutions in the United States, Canada, and other countries. It’s a computer-based test that assesses verbal reasoning, numeric reasoning, critical thinking, and analytical writing skills that aren’t tied to any particular field of study.

GRE is necessary for master’s level admission in Canada, and some colleges and programs may also require a high score on the test. This test is used by universities and colleges to assess applicants for advanced education. Students who plan to study business do not need to take the GRE exam.

okay looks like GRE is their ACT
but also it only applies to graduate schools

The SAT, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, MCAT, and LSAT are the entrance exams that are taken the most frequently. While academic skill and language fluency are both required by educational institutions, language competency is a requirement for a Canadian student visa.

me when no ACT

GRE is just the grad school equivalent of the ACT/SAT. in america too

yeah ok cool

ok so note to self
take the SAT and the ACT
lmao

the first three are to make sure you’re fluent in English (that being obviously relevant to going to university in an Anglophone country). some universities will exempt you if you’re a native speaker who went to school in an Anglophone country.

the others are examples of like, normal standardized tests (the SAT for undergrad, the GRE for grad school, the GMAT for … MBAs, apparently?)

but as stated in the paragraph you quoted you should check with the specific places you’re applying

so for example if you’re at a non-IB school in the US, and you want to apply to the University of Toronto, you can submit your SAT or ACT scores (but are not required to, I think?) (https://future.utoronto.ca/apply/requirements/international-high-school-secondary/usa/)

1 Like

cool

probably

eliza come to scotland

only if it becomes independent

anyways there is approximately no downside to taking both the SAT and the ACT so you should probably just do both (even if you don’t end up needing both, some schools accept either, and if you take both you can send the one you did better at (you can partially get this benefit from retaking the test, but some people are much better at one or the other))

1 Like