Cookie Thread Act 2: Silksong

fair

i took like five practice ACTs in a class i took last year and literally every time i got a 30

i also took some millitary test

because youre from the US you dont get free college but like. a HNC costs like a grand. thats pretty alright

1 Like

a what

this is probably good enough for p good scolarships at many schools
only reason id want to improve that is to get a full ride at my local school iirc

or just better scolarships in general

a HNC is just like. year 1 college. then theres a HND and from that you can get into year 2/3 of a bachelorā€™s

1 Like

interesting

is it true that in the UK u cant change ur major

fuck if i know

1 Like

fair

to be fair college is different here
i didnt apply to college i applied to a software dev course at the college

1 Like

ah

itd be a bit weird if i could change that

1 Like

imo:

• figure out roughly which schools you want to apply to
  • take the SAT and ACT
  • compare your SAT/ACT to (a) typical scores at that school, (b) any cutoff scores for scholarships youā€™d like
  • if your SAT/ACT is lower than (a) or (b) and you wish to fix this, retake them
    • (itā€™s fine to apply to a couple schools where your SAT/ACT is lower than the average, as long as itā€™s not, like, all of them. scholarship cutoffs tend to be more like hard cutoffs.)
1 Like

im taking that as a no

if your parents are helping you pay for college itā€™s valid to be like ā€œsure I could get a better scholarship if I got my ACT up to a 34 but consider: I donā€™t want to and I can still afford it with the score I haveā€

1 Like

yeah see the thing is i really couldnā€™t care less about prestige
in fact, itā€™s a negative factor in my calculations because
a. big fish small pond thingy
b. money

but i have no fucking clue which universities are considered ā€œmid-tierā€ (my target) in canada

1 Like

which means i have to do far more research