Cookie Thread Act 2: Silksong

Between Splatoon 1 and Splatoon 2 all the specials were completely reworked as they were very powerful and needed to be less powerful. And also some required the Wii U Gamepad. And it was implied in the lore that the in-universe reason for this was that all the old specials were made illegal, for essentially being performance-enhancing drugs. And that everyone just came up with new not-technically-banned drugs afterward I guess

Not kidding

i hope the switch 2 is just a switch with a gamepad. if you wanna play a switch game portably you have to balance the gamepad and the switch on your lap like some kind of fucked up ds

1 Like

omfg yes! i love splatoon lore

Nya

1 Like

Nya

The change in description here is very funny. It Got Larger

1 Like

I don’t actually think it even got substantially bigger but it’s Very Large now

how is the kraken illegal but the larger kraken not illegal

Bigger Mike

mike?

(Here’s the actual original this is a Blaseball parody)

what the fuck

1 Like

Anyway Kraken Royale has a lot of startup and end lag and it doesn’t 1-shot so it’s actually way worse than the S1 version. S1 specials in general were much more strong and generally ridiculous than the S3 standard

2 Likes

Barry was (and still is) an exquisite poster and I’m glad his genius is seeing recognition outside the Blaseball community into the wider Tumblr ecosystem these days

1 Like

GOD I LOVE BIGGER LUKE

2 Likes

missed opportunity to say i love BL moving on

3 Likes

2 Likes

if you told inkling splatoon 3 you were gay they’d be like “some people like using squiffer… some people like using bloblobber… what matters is you paint the field” and then they’d rev up a weird gun and start painting the field and splat 4 other inklings

3 Likes

what matters is you paint the field is so true

1 Like