Cookie Thread Act 2: Silksong

The bulk of this lab time is intentionally giving us tedious data reformatting to get us to “think about how we format our data” and I know how to fucking use a spreadsheet so it took me like 2 minutes to do what’s taking everyone else fucking forever. Gaming

2 Likes

THESE are feelings of power. This is what power feels like

May how would you describe ur play style in fm

Normal

2 Likes

Just normal?

1 Like

It’s. Different between places. Depends heavily on how much thread control I’m afforded. As town, I bounce between one-liners/background thoughts and wallposting. I tend to change reads quickly, to play around a lot on the first two days with different individual suspicions and shift into worldbuilding and partnership analysis after that. If I’m afforded Being Alive On D3, which is not. Frequently. Recently. As wolf I try to have decent enough thread control to push townreads on my partners, I am very light on distancing until I’m cornered, then I’ll hard bus.

2 Likes

I don’t know how to change my play style

The more thread control I have, the more I… control thread, I suppose. And I’m more likely to toss out walls when I feel like I’m being listened to and have significant influence on the game. When I do have htat control, I’ll push wagons on people to E-1 and then lockclear them just as fast. I tend to bat around the game a lot. Very confident in everything I say as I’m saying it, but I’ll change my mind on a whim. I think that playstyle is the kind I use when I know I’m not likely to live until D3 to do my partnership building. And in the larger games where there’s too many potential worlds to sort them all out.

1 Like

so if i talk you up you will be magically compelled to play harder

1 Like

Like I do but I’m just. not good at figuring out stuff quickly enough to not play like this. And it gives me great success yes which is why mac kills me n1 as mafia but it’s not good enough when people solve the game d1 :joycat:

2 Likes

And in champs dokving the game d1 is much more favored than my play style

Even in the qualifers game I died n1, I didn’t get advanced I hadtogegadvanced by jury, because the only person that actually knew why I died n1 was mafia who knew that my day ones are bad to look at when evaluating whether to kill me

I think to a degree people develop playstyles to complement the skills they have and observations they tend to make. You can try to change your playstyle but that also often means relearning how to play mafia

1 Like

I only got advanced in the semi cuz I showed why my play style works

but like, it doesn’t work if I die early on

If you kill me N1 about it like they do on Doscord then maybe

1 Like

Like you are playing to win. You could relearn how to play if you really wanna play to get advanced but that means stepping back and approahcing the game with a new objective in mind

1 Like

Because if you try to play off your developed instincts and observations but Just Do More D1 LOL I suspect you’ll run into a bit of a wall because the way you think about things requires that additional data from it not being D1

1 Like

It’s easy to solve game day one in sites like fol, it’s just way harder on mu, and I think playing on fol really shaped my understanding of how to play mafia in a way that makes me have a harder time day ones

What’s the difference <— 0% MU winrate

2 Likes

FOL is more close knit, shorter posts, you can bait i kteractions mu Co easier, and it’s easier to understand how the person operates

1 Like