Cookie Thread Act 2: Silksong

the what is free

i have a video for this

Alright chat I need you to help me solve a mystery that has been plaguing me for days

i’m a noted mystery solver

detective story here

1 Like

The campus dining hall rules are that you may only bring food home in a specific, school-provided container, which you may exchange for an identical container at any time in order to have it cleaned. If the dining hall runs out of green containers, you may instead exchange yours for a token which you can trade in for one later.

I came to the dining hall with a token, forgot to exchange it at the desk, grabbed food, and had leftovers I wanted to take home. I went to the front desk to quickly exchange my token for a container, and was informed that, if and only if I had already eaten, I had to swipe again to exchange my token.

What on earth could the the source of this policy? It’s stupid and arbitrary, that’s a given, but there has to be some rationale, and I have no idea what on earth it could be. There has to be some “well, technically” for it to be something they’re told to enforce. I have unlimited swipes, it doesn’t actually matter, but I hate not understanding things.

…why the hell can you only use one specific container

my dining hall has something similar and also a fairly strict no leftovers policy (you’re allowed to take out a fruit or an ice cream cone and i think that’s it) so the extra cost is probably because they consider the in house meal and the leftovers as two separate meals

as for why the dining hall has a no leftovers policy… i can’t answer that one.

But you can eat as many meals as you want if you just eat them in there! Presumably!

If I took a container in and didn’t exchange the token, it’d be the same… you can take the same amount of food out, you only get one container

But that makes, like, some sense as a policy they might think is real

would you actually get in trouble for using a non-school supplied food container

at my uni they don’t let you have food there and also for the green box. so if you ate there it probably counts as a separate meal as anything in the green box

probably. your options are eat there (in which case they provide plates and the like) or green box

the dining hall operates on weird and mysterious rules that no one fully understands the reasoning behind

2 Likes

Hmm weird. That might be an unenforced rule, then? Because you can, like, visibly have a green box in your hand and get a meal, you can visibly have Another Plate Of Food in your hand and get a meal, etc

I wasn’t listening when they told us the rules

If you don’t hold the exit door for people trying to avoid spending swipes you’re a cop

it’s a very enforced rule at my uni. they let you have two plates worth of meals at once you can get as much food as you want. as long as it’s in the dining hall

1 Like