Cookie Thread Act 3: The Cookie Strikes Back

TO be fair it already takes forever for me to sleep many nights so it’s not a big difference is it

I’ll concede that amongus technically released a few months before these screenshots but none of us knew what it was at that point. So no I didn’t recognise amongus line

2 Likes

also ngl in my algorithms class we’re learning about optimization problems and i’m thinking “cool but our assignment is like 100x easier to code than COMBINATORICS MAFIA”

1 Like

COMBINATORICS MAFIA

BOTTOM TEXT

1 Like

wednesday was ash wednesday and valentine’s day and monday is president’s day. so i guess when you say happy holidays you are in fact correct, site. but lmao

1 Like

we’re doing the same type of problems
where we do an exhaustive search over all the possibilities (and soonTM we’ll prune the bad ones to skip a lot of them)

however COMBINATORICS MAFIA has way harder pruning and way more possibilities if you don’t prune

2 Likes

Would it be easier to determine optimal strategy and then implement the strategy rather than sorting through every possibility? Or is that the approach you’re taking

2 Likes

“Fastest way to sort shit into piles” has certainly been done before

me trying to talk through reasoning in the comments :joy_cat:

2 Likes

Is that on FoL?

1 Like

no

Okay i was like uhm
Orange???

1 Like

but more sites should’ve said happy holidays this week for the bit

Brb changing the logo

1 Like

determining optimal strategy is. very hard
the program is trying to determine the optimal strategy (where optimal means the lowest number of guesses in the worst case)

1 Like

same

(this site is on like, tab 58 of 190)

1 Like

LOL 190 nice

how do you click on the right tab

memory and a little guesswork