Cookie Thread Act 3: The Cookie Strikes Back

@TodaysStory happy birthday!!!

The story felt extremely bland, I was like some dragon-human or something, and then I could never follow the story after that.

The amount of time I spent in menus, collecting material, forging rings/weapons/armor. The amount of seeking out dialogue because it empowered your characters.

It felt like I was doing a lot of game mechanics not because I enjoyed the gameplay, but because it felt needed to get powerful enough to enjoy the gameplay I do like.

1 Like

engage asks a lot of the player and generally has shit tier story
i can
sum up every game in the series on the axis?

most games have inversely proportional gameplay quality / story quality

1 Like

what are some good fire emblem games on the
nes
snes
GB
GBA

got a thing that emulates all of those and want to try a fire emblem game

1 Like

in a bit

2 Likes

I mean I beat the game, I just found that I prob would enjoy different games more. Although it sounds like engage isnt exactly like every other fire emblem

You guys post alot. It looks like weā€™ll need a 3rd cookie thread soon.

1 Like

isnt htis the third one?

1 Like

yes

donā€™t play nes fire emblem it really isnā€™t worth it

snes fire emblem will need you to translate it, and for your efforts you get fire emblem 4 and 5. (And I guess fe3 but never played that one oops)
Fire emblem 4 is uhhhhā€¦ long-winded. Iā€¦ probably wouldnā€™t recommend it as a first game
Fire emblem 5 is probably the closest fire emblem gets to setup design is my passion

no GB fire emblem games.

Fire emblem 6, 7, 8 are on GBA, but for 6 you need a translation patch.
Fe6 will probably tear you a new one so maybe not that one first
Fe7 is decent as a first game? Itā€™s going to be a long ride though. Not a drag like fe4, but long. It has an extensive tutorial, so you will likely be able to easily learn
Fe8 is probably the easiest of the GBA set, you start with a character who can and will carry you.

1 Like

engage is like

the main gameplay is amazing but everything else about it is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

TLDR

Probably fire emblem 7 or 8 unless youā€™re looking for something difficult then go fire emblem 6

1 Like

I just watched the Borderlands Movie trailer, I died inside

2 Likes

As an avid fan of the world of Borderlands, I am disgusted that Hollywood continues to bastardize video game IPs.

Casting Kevin Hart for Roland should get you put in jail.

2 Likes

seriously
and cate blanchett for lilithā€¦ .

iā€™m gunna pretend this movie doesnā€™t exist

2 Likes

a borderlands movie without mordecai or brick is so dumb

1 Like

I honestly donā€™t know what is worse.

Lilith being played by a 55 year old woman while the timeline would have her be like 23. Or Kevin Hart being casted for a serious soldier who leads the vault hunters, and is not a comedic character in any sense.

At least Cate is like a serious character with skill, but why

3 Likes

his name is rigby

2 Likes

Youā€™re counting the first cookie thread from old FoL.

1 Like

I believe the writer of this borderlands movie has never seen any of the games.

Thereā€™s just nothing about this movie that makes sense

2 Likes