Cookie Thread Act 3: The Cookie Strikes Back

i’m sure this car will continue to function at all times

3 Likes

Arent the tires more then 200 these days?

1 Like

probably
but the tires are like a decade old or smth

i’m honestly surprised i sold it at all lol. it has ~4k worth of problems

3 Likes

Was this car, by any chance, a 1998 Suzuki Esteem sold to this man?

6 Likes

how’d you know

4 Likes

the flat that happened earlier this month was like. 12 years old :skull:

4 Likes

Intuition.
And the receipts I found in your residence.

4 Likes

Basically what happened is my boss blew up at me sunday morning and I hadn’t yet registered that as a manager it’s my job to get blown up at and shoulder the blame for my team, so my response was to defend myself by saying via text that my work ethic was better than another colleague that didn’t deserve to be disrespected in this way. I was very lucky to be granted the opportunity to call this colleague last night before work and make things right with him.

My boss had a meeting with her boss during my shift this morning. My boss has changed multiple times during my 3.5-year tenure but my boss’s boss has remained constant this entire time. She was frustrated that we had lost $8k in delivery sales and that our extra cleaning wasn’t sufficient with an inspection approaching in the next month. I got blown up at worse today than Sunday.

My boss’s boss is bringing down the hammer across the board – sales and speed of service expectation, athletic expectation for extra cleaning, and time management expectation (no airpod or phone usage on the clock or the manager gets written up) in a way that I’ve never seen before

One of my colleagues that I’m close friends with but often pitted against by my boss, i told him that I feared my boss’s wrath but feared his contempt even more, I promised him that I’d defend him if this happens again as I’m insane and my stats can’t be the benchmark even if I’m outperforming him, and if he or the other night worker (girl I was into not anymore but still friends with and my best worker) felt I had wronged them I’d put anything at risk to fix the relationships even my job. Then I swore not to text any of my colleagues for at least a month as texting usually blows up in my face as per here.

So i’ll keep battling and enduring blowups when necessary even as the pressure continues to mount. I’ll work with all of them this week and my boss is still totally oblivious to all drama.

3 Likes

Yes this is true in more ways then one haha.

2 Likes

I hate drama with a passion, luckily most of the drama I have dealt with is either extremely minimal, or actually criminal, so its easy to make a decision

The thing is usually manager will try to get the best performing person, and use that as a benchmark for everyone else. Its fairly common practice.

1 Like

This is especially true if there is high turnover and/or lots of demand for the job, since more options means you can work your employees much harder with little to no downsides

There’s a worker who is close with the other night manager that often fights with me. Fear of my upcoming saturday night shifts with her and not him (busiest shift of the week, will be my first time running them alone as well) is what prompted me to make these unwise comments yesterday. But now I know that I have to try to improve my relationship with her in person. It’s my job and there’s no escaping that.

2 Likes

We have low turnover actually. Lots of workers don’t enjoy the work but stay for the community

2 Likes

Most people dont enjoy the work anywhere haha. If people dont openly complain though, thats a good sign for us

1 Like

However I do expect some resignations as off-topic and unsanitary behavior continues to be clamped down on when it never was before

1 Like

Yeah i’m an exception for sure haha

2 Likes

Well that makes sense, toxic environments suck for absolute everyone involved

I am as well, but thats because im infinity better off now compared to back when I was in high school and university.

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

2 Likes