Cookie Thread Act 3: The Cookie Strikes Back

I mean “heard of” is the operative there

2 Likes

for instance: ive heard nothing but Bad Stuff about people from new orleans

1 Like

Hearing of cases of misogyny is just as much a function of people complaining as it is people actually experiencing it. Even here where a very common conversation starter between women is “you would not BELIEVE how this guy in my engineering class was acting” and people generally feel very comfortable complaining, at least among friends, if not to administration, about these things, I am sure you could find guys who’d say they’d never heard of anyone being misogynistic

5 Likes

don’t tell tutuu what happened in 2005

2 Likes

'Cause a lot of the time it’s stuff you wouldn’t notice if you weren’t on the receiving end.

You overhear a guy explaining computer shit in detail to somebody else, you generally will assume good faith, you’ll assume there’s context that makes this normal to do: maybe the recipient of the explanation asked, maybe they mentioned they’re unfamiliar with computers, maybe this guy’s just an annoying nerd to everybody, whatever.

Like. Your assumption isn’t immediately to jump to sexism when you’re not the person being talked at. But when I am myself and have full context on every interaction I’ve had with a guy and know very well that I have demonstrated my knowledge to him and he still assumes I have none, there is only one reason for him to be doing all that. You don’t notice unless you’re In The Interaction.

A lot of it’s just, like, consistent minor adjustments. People talk for 10% longer and assume I know 10% less. You don’t spot a difference of 10% in one given conversation, you have to be repeating the experiment over and over and over again. And oh boy do I get a lot of chances to repeat the experiment

5 Likes

i used to e-date someone from there

we’d play league, then all of a sudden she has to dip because she heard a suspicious noise, so she had to pull out her gun and go check it out

she said that her dream is to die in a shootout

2 Likes

Since chupen gooooone
I chupieee for the first time

4 Likes

Chupie < Chubrownie

1 Like

What
Lmao

1 Like

literally me except 5 months

1 Like

It sure does sound cool but in a normal context it sure sounds off the door hinges

2 Likes

definitely the latter

This sounds exactly like the type of person I imagine you’d be into.

2 Likes

you little fucking . . .

1 Like

sounds like you

5 Likes

i have a banger cookiepost tmrw

3 Likes

we lining it up :exclamation:

3 Likes

Mine is just something from having spent today watching Persona 3 Reload gameplay.

1 Like

Curse Windows-only games.

1 Like

observing which quiet people in my class get interacted with is intriguing. because im wondering how other students pick. and how they manage to pick in order of quirkiness
like the only reason i am aware of how un normal these specific people are is because i had team working with them i got a group of all the quiet people. fascinating. its like they have a neurodivergence detector

4 Likes