Cookie Thread Act 3: The Cookie Strikes Back

homophobic magnus arc

3 Likes

so theres a movie franchise from 2010
and they suddenly decided to revive it 14 years later with little notice, after it started to pick up because of the internet

3 Likes

the incredibles

2 Likes

Megamind vs Unreal Engine Stock Assets

it was a good movie
but I donā€™t think it is a sequel worthy movie

1 Like

I was about to say that.

1 Like

Ok but the incredibles had the greatest cliffhanger ever
It was only a matter of time

1 Like

arf

1 Like

megamind is very self contained. i think you could make a sequel but its not begging for one

1 Like

yeah fair

wasnt the first incredibles way better then the second

the difference between the incredibles and megamind is that the incredibles was known to be good from day 1 while megamind was a bit more of a cult classic (yes this is despicable meā€™s fault but shhh). the sequel just screams more cash grabby in this particular instance, especially because they werenā€™t even able to get two of the original vas and greenlit it anyway

2 Likes

the problem with incredibles 2 is that it completely ignores the underminer for all of the movie except 20m
like. whatā€™s the point in the cliffhanger.

very

there was a fucking
incredibles 2 video game before there was an incredibles 2

2 Likes

The first Megamind was a peak subversion of the Superman and Lex Luther conflict, distinguishing these characters in a grand fashion. This sequel movie not only lacks the original voice actors, not only does the story look generic, but it also contradicts the first movieā€™s theming.

2 Likes

completely different story btw the video game is literally called ā€œRise of the Underminerā€

(this is mostly a joke btw)

Yeah yoy canā€™t really subvert twice in a row

1 Like

mass psychogenic illness is so interesting, i dont remember if this is talked about in that video but i absolutely love the dancing plague of 1518 (tho that couldve also been to mushrooms but its PROBABLY mpi)

3 Likes