Cookie Thread Act 3: The Cookie Strikes Back

THEY JUST WANT TO BE VALIDATED

okay but if they had manipulated the other person into thinking they were in their age range

Okay tbey might be a bad person I see them doing this

Well I mean inherently if you are 18 and 15 that is always going to be part of the broader dynamic. Like. It is easy to date a 15 year old. It is a thing you do if you just want to be dating a person. And I feel so uncomfortable with having that kind of, like, unearned power over somebody

1 Like

you literally talked about how they wanted to manipulate someone into liking them and my joke about it tipped you off?

1 Like

even if they didn’t - i feel like some 15 y/o people don’t understand how big of a red flag it is and how creepy it is for an 18 y/o to want to date you

1 Like

I can offer a concrete reason into the mind of litten but Chloe might ban me

you can dm me and i’ll lyk if you can post it
regardless we should probably be spoilering this convo because it’s a very touchy topic

See I was thinking about their motivations and I don’t think they are inherently bad
You made me think about what they probably did to get to dating them and I hate it

unfortunately my high school had enough senior-freshman relationships for prom purposes that i’m numb to it

1 Like

If I manipulated somebody into dating me, via the social power I have over them as somebody significantly older than them or via any other method, I’d be like “what the fuck, this doesn’t count, I did it incorrectly”, and there is very little (to no) material benefit in the world that would be enough to override the fact that I did it incorrectly

2 Likes

Patch notes: phrasing improved

i was talking about the person before btw. the one who they weren’t in the age range for. i don’t know for sure if they manipulated a 15 year old but given their track record

they probably did

that’s the person they are

Given their track record and how social power dynamics work almost certainly

1 Like

Told by Chloe I can post

The whole reason it’s icky to date people way younger than you is the social aspects and I was focusing on the motivations rather than what they probably did!

1 Like

That’s why as soon as beguined posted about that I did a 180

like this was genuinely a whole thing. the week after prom was the sad week for freshmen when the seniors all broke up with them. it was kinda fucked

1 Like