Cookie Thread Act 3: The Cookie Strikes Back

actually yeah lets keep that at 12v3
the downside is not that large

this is a lot to fit into 100 words

The boy’s hands were stained with my best friend’s blood when we found him. I was foolish enough, then, to think our nightmare was over.

First it was that accursed lawyer. Anyone sensible should have been able to see through his procedural tricks. Should have been able.

We sentenced the boy to death the next day, but his ghost came back with a vengeance, and there was nothing for it but to dig up his body and hang him from our clocktower once again.

Now, with the boy’s spirit finally driven out once and for all, I can sleep peacefully.

2 Likes

if i were a villager id pick live just to spite people

2 Likes

mutant flavor being the ostracism for being an outcast thing is funny because droisoning implies that it’s mostly just in the mutant’s head and largely a self-fulfilling prophecy

1 Like

reasonable worst case (2 die each night)
12v3
execution
11v3
2 die
9v3
execution
8v3
2 die
6v3
execution
5v3
two people die
3v3

Al-Hadikhia doesn’t really work for vanilla because there’s a clear social hierarchy.

In BOTC, maybe the highly suspected King will save themselves repeatedly to gain information late in the game, or the confirmed Recluse will allow themselves to die to save other abilities.

The Al-Hadikhia death order also matters a lot, but you sorta lose that here.

1 Like

that’s still three executions

that’s why im speculating

maybe the Mafia choose 3 people and for each the person they learn is in with them, but they don’t learn the other person

can you google translate this post

2 Likes

so, for example,
the mafia choose Joe, Ben and Donald
the mafia also choose that Joe learns that Ben has also been chosen
and they also choose that Donald learns that Ben has been chosen
but they choose that Ben learns Joe has been chosen

1 Like

all the picks would still be announced after the night is over but it provides some info as to who else is picked at night

needs tinkering with ratios, first and foremost I think

alternatively:
add some kind of vanilla PRs so we can test types of strategies that different roles would use

that doesn’t really help because other people’s choices are affected by who else is in the pool and you don’t know who they know is in the pool

1 Like

what

maybe add like
a neighborizer and a cop
or masons
or something along those lines

in my brain i feel like this would make me more likely to commit die but im not entirely sure how to articulate why

1 Like

arete write a fic about mountainous garden 13er and its consequences

1 Like

let’s say ben is in the poe and donald isn’t, both are town, if ben knows donald is in the pool then he might choose to die, but if he doesn’t and instead knows joe is in the pool (who let’s say is also poe) then he might choose to live and figuring out whether ben will choose to live or die is important for the person who knows ben is in the pool to make their own decision

2 Likes