Cookie Thread Act 3: The Cookie Strikes Back

Shoutout ot the Nintendo Loop game where the mod didn’t ban copypasting your rolecard so on D1 we were about to execute a wolf and we asked them to copypaste their rolecard and they nearly got out by claiming TPR but they fucked it up slightly so we killed them.

And hten the next day we were about to execute a wolf and they nearly got out by claiming TPR but they fucked it up slightly so we killed them.

And then the GM banned copypasting your rolecard!

2 Likes

ok see this makes it even funnier since they’re otherwise a pretty decent GM!

1 Like

it was a different era

We live in 1984.

gms back then didn’t really. know how to make mafia games so that was one of the best games at the time. doesn’t hold up nearly as well by our current standards

Generally people have like Hosting Standards on Loop as far as I know. Like it’s all on the same server so if you’re too egregious the mods can get on your case and swipe at you. So most of our fuck-ups have been genuine accidents rather than ridiculous GM actions

1 Like

Barring, the, uh, game where midway through the GM wanted the mods to force replace me and threatened to cancel the game if I wasn’t. And the mods were #MayDidNothingWrong believers so that game sure got cancelled

1 Like

Not even for the force replace incident the GM just also did various other ridiculous things

1 Like

wait, Nintendo Loop GMs have to get mod permission to force replace people?

1 Like

midgame balancing used to be a big thing and it went on for longer than you think. walpurgisnacht was just one manifestation of it

i say just one as if it wasn’t in like. at least three games

Sorta? Sorta not? It’s complicated

I realize there is less of it but. It is definitely still a thing.

3 Likes

If I were hosting and somebody deserved it I would just force replace them and move on and the mods would not stop me provided I was not being egregiously unfair about it. I have the literal permissions and there’s no guidebook saying I can’t. If I did it incorrectly, I’d probably get a talking-to, same as here.

I think it was a case of this host either wanting validation from the mods that I was Wrong, or wanting the mods to do the force replace for them because I was Mean and Cruel and they didn’t want to talk to me directly. I dunno how exactly it went down

1 Like

i don’t remember too many recent examples of it? unless you count the experimental endgame again

I think it was also partially because this force replace would’ve been primarily for a host/player dispute: they were upset at me because they thought I was too critical of their game decisions

1 Like

But in general from what I’ve seen hosts on NL are more, like, beholden to the mods than hosts on FoL or Quizbowl. It’s one Discord server, it’s the same Discord server and channels every time, only one game runs at once. The host doesn’t get their own “space”, whether it’s a thread or a separate server, to run a game in; they’re just borrowing the server, kinda. That’s the vibe, at least.

1 Like

i admire arete calling it quizbowlcord always because they are literally the only person who calls it that

Blood on the Clocktower wasn’t that long ago.

midgame balancing is a feature of botc, not a bug