Cookie Thread Act 3: The Cookie Strikes Back

thanks i hate it

goews_hard.gif

1 Like

ah yes, the classic blaseball usernames. paranundrox… glumbaron… may…

2 Likes

sibr is a beautiful discord server and i have zero notes on it

1 Like

I wear a SIBR hat everywhere

the society for internet blaseball research, a coalition of people dedicated to the specific bit of taking completely inane information extremely seriously

1 Like

like yes yes they will make jokes about it. but sibr members would very often make actual analytical tools for analysing blaseball’s data that were often complex undertakings. in the service of making a graph that exists solely to make data scientists angry

1 Like

There was imPosition, immateria Position, which was your actual position on the graph. y-imPosition was determined by your eDensity (probably electron Density), which was then run through a rudimentary fluid dynamics simulator in order to make your team “bob up and down” in the immateria as your density changed.

There was also x-imPosition, nicknamed exPosition because of the pun, which was controlled by a factor internally called spin (as in electron spin). However, the name spin was found from datamining and was not allowed to eb referenced in public, so we needed another name for it.

I tried to call it exDensity at first, but peopel ofund that too confusing, so we spent like forever bouncing around potential names for it. In fact, too long! Somebody jokingly suggested we call it “pog” because of a joke about pog choke cringe clutch, so I backronymed it into Position on Graph despite the fact that it was definitely not that and updated all my notes to use it and nobody could fucking stop me

god damn it not this shit again

2 Likes

someone just sent me this
image0-36

Pog was not even the Position on Graph, exPosition was your Position on the Graph, pog was the underlying factor that was turned into your x-Position on the Graph. Reality is not important, though. Pog

cake

I think a lot of people thought that pog was an official name in communications about it. Because that’s what everybody called it. And I was like “yeah x thing that decreases pog makes your team Cringe”. And people thought that was official

by the way italy part of this reaction is legitimately intentional. blaseball was unironically cosmic horror, just partially fulfilled through the medium of thousands of impenetrable jokes beyond anyone’s understanding

2 Likes

the game was like this too we just amplified it. a lot.

The devs did call it pog on a stream so I did achieve my evil ends of making everybody call it pog. And cringe. They almost added “pog sun” and “cringe sun” which referenced the name also

i still genuinely don’t get the Qais Dogwalker thing even though i’ve had it explained to me. it’s not even a funny name by blaseball standards

1 Like

i do get haynesposting though. such a beautiful tradition

1 Like

Jacob Haynes’ favorite character in Blood On The Clocktower is Undertaker

1 Like