Cookie Thread Act 3: The Cookie Strikes Back

mortality is much more interesting than morality

2 Likes

okay we’re definitely gonna die because we live in “you only live if you agree with my exact standards” world

2 Likes

yeah im ready

1 Like

this is the Litten role in fam4

1 Like

Staying Alive - The Scenarios

Round 1 - The Teletransporter Choice

You have been chosen to go on a very important mission to Mars. You have no choice in this matter, you must go. But you can choose your means of transport.

One method is teletransportation. You will step into a scanner here on earth that will destroy your brain and body, while recording the exact state of all your cells. This information will be transmitted to a replicator on Mars - taking three minutes to arrive - which will then create a brain and body exactly like yours using entirely new materials. The person on Mars will look like you, think like you, in fact be indistinguishable from you. He or she will certainly feel as though they have merely fallen asleep on Earth and then woken up on Mars. This method is 100 per cent reliable.

The other method of transport is space travel. This is very risky and there is 50 per cent chance that the spacecraft will not complete the journey and you will die in transit. But if you do successfully take the spacecraft, then your body and brain won’t at any stage have been destroyed.

You must choose the option you think will give your self the biggest chance of surviving.

It’s the teletransporter for me
I’ll take a chance with the spacecraft

teletransporter, it’s not murder :sunglasses:

1 Like

oh of course it’s these :joy_cat:

teletransporter is objectively correct but they definitely have a fucked definition of self where they’ll hit you with an erm actually if you try it. so spacecraft

I remember taking this quiz and going with the spaceecraft, i have no clue if a recreation of my brain ect would still be me and im selfish that I dont want any other littens to have fun while im stuck in the void
spacecraft imo gave me the best chance to survive

Lmao the first one is just soul erasure like what

2 Likes

it’s not murder but is it dying

1 Like

no

but maybe the soul reappears on the other side!

Your clone isn’t yourself

1 Like

im going with arete if they think that teleporation would guaratee them the best odds of surviving
do you?

i would choose the teleporter but id argue that loses the game. im arguably dying. so to go with the objective of the game id go with space travel

space

1 Like

No, it’s a clone. Fuck clones

3 Likes

also 50% chance off failiure is nuts and would never be greenlit lmao

I would choose the first one because I don’t have a soul anywau

1 Like