Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

i dont envy mojangs position because releasing updates that

1. work on java and bedrock
  2. work on shitty pcs and consoles
  3. fits with the current game content/progression
  4. has something for everyone

is daunting and while i have distaste for a lot of updates i cant pretend that the cards arent stacked against them immensely compared to a mod developer who can just roll up, make a mod that is jank as hell and only works for one version and adds only one thing that half the playerlist wouldnt give a fuck about, but is a banger mod for its audience

with that said most of the complaints i read about their update cycle are completely unreasonable lmao “just release bigger updates faster” :wowee:

2 Likes

i still dont get it

I lost the magic when I was a young child

1 Like

so i guess i just dont like minecraft in general wowee

yeah

most of the “magic” for me was basically just doing the equivalent of cookie thread (literally afking in a small minecraft server waiting for something to happen and then joining in conversations when it did)

although hypixel pit was cool-ish too

this is somehow the least surprising thing you’ve ever said despite there being a 0% chance of me guessing this

4 Likes

lmao

i didnt actually feel close to anyone there though so i left

i was 9 when i joined and around 12-13 when i left :wowee:

yeah absolutely lmao

1 Like

I kinda wish they’d revisit the idea of mob votes.
Like, I’m fine with the vote if it’s more a priority/application thing and less “the losers get thrown into the ether, never to be seen again”.

1 Like

that’s what it was advertised as and then the losers got thrown into the ether

im unfamiliar with this

1 Like

i use a mod called continuity and im on 1.20.6 but its basically just a fabric port of optifines CTM
is that something different

1 Like

im 90% sure it is this but also new shiny thing lol

2 Likes

It’s probably the same one but it’s a specific conflict with Continuity and Sodium (+ Iris?) on >1.20.1 so I can’t use my shaders and Continuity.

@tutuu @Hippopablompoyeetus y’all finished the recent boys ep?

1 Like

Wait is the new season out?

just finished

how’s it stack up to 1/2/3/V

fwiw 2 > 1 >>> 3 > V imo