Cookie Thread Act 4 (Act 5): The Fifth One

i think a lot of minecrafts updates were kinda mid but they finally added pink wood which is all i really need in life

2 Likes

You stopped caring about updates after 1.x. I stopped paying attention after 0.31. We are not the same.

Although I come back and I’ve always enjoyed the new stuff they’ve added except for Pillagers

3 Likes

The funny thing is that I started at like 1.4

1 Like

idk maybe its just a nostalgia moment

1 Like

i also have only ever closely examined 1.13 and 1.14 so

of the updates beyond 1.12.2

Maybe it’s because I was your age when 0.31 came out and you were like 2 or 3. Like it was more part of my early adulthood than my childhood.

2 Likes

yeah lol

Oh yeah wow y’all were playing minecraft in the peak time people are nostalgic for. Things were the best they ever were when you were younger than 10 or whatever, and it’s only gotten worse since etc.

2 Likes

i dont envy mojangs position because releasing updates that

1. work on java and bedrock
  2. work on shitty pcs and consoles
  3. fits with the current game content/progression
  4. has something for everyone

is daunting and while i have distaste for a lot of updates i cant pretend that the cards arent stacked against them immensely compared to a mod developer who can just roll up, make a mod that is jank as hell and only works for one version and adds only one thing that half the playerlist wouldnt give a fuck about, but is a banger mod for its audience

with that said most of the complaints i read about their update cycle are completely unreasonable lmao “just release bigger updates faster” :wowee:

2 Likes

i still dont get it

I lost the magic when I was a young child

1 Like

so i guess i just dont like minecraft in general wowee

yeah

most of the “magic” for me was basically just doing the equivalent of cookie thread (literally afking in a small minecraft server waiting for something to happen and then joining in conversations when it did)

although hypixel pit was cool-ish too

this is somehow the least surprising thing you’ve ever said despite there being a 0% chance of me guessing this

4 Likes

lmao

i didnt actually feel close to anyone there though so i left

i was 9 when i joined and around 12-13 when i left :wowee:

yeah absolutely lmao

1 Like

I kinda wish they’d revisit the idea of mob votes.
Like, I’m fine with the vote if it’s more a priority/application thing and less “the losers get thrown into the ether, never to be seen again”.

1 Like

that’s what it was advertised as and then the losers got thrown into the ether